Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

97 Honda, help with replacing camber kit!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 10:31 AM
Default 97 Honda, help with replacing camber kit!

Hello all,

So I want to replace the suspension including struts/coils on my 97 Honda accord. The last owner lowered it and installed a camber kit with low profile tires. I have always had issues with alignment and uneven wearing so ideally I would like to get rid of the camber kit altogether.

My main question is if I installed a stock suspension what aftermarket lowering struts/coils would work that would let me take off the camber kit and still keep the low profile tires on it? (I would like to keep it under $500)

Here is the current camber kit that is on it: 90-97 Honda Accord SPC Front Adjustable Balljoint Camber Kit - Import Auto Performance

Thank you for reading and I appreciate any help/advice!

Old 05-01-2016, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

If you are going to "keep it low" - not sure how low - then I would think the OE parts would not work and there would not be a way to get the camber right.

Old 05-01-2016, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by poorman212
If you are going to "keep it low" - not sure how low - then I would think the OE parts would not work and there would not be a way to get the camber right.
I am more concerned with a smoother ride than keeping it low. It's hard to find a shop where I can get it aligned with this camber kit so I want to get rid of it completely. Let's say my entire suspension is OE. If I get lowering coils are they supposed to fit the stock struts? Sorry I am somewhat of a novice!

Old 05-02-2016, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

How much lower than stock are you going, that is the key question.

Again, I'm assuming that the reason the adjustable ones are on there is the current set up to too low to have the OE non-adjustable arms/ball joints work.

If you go back at the same "lowered" height, there will be an issue. If you are willing to have the ride height higher then you can get away with the OE set up.....the rims and tires will work, you'll just have a larger gap between the fender and the tire.