Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Koni STR.T/Eibach Pro kit installed...finally.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 07:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Thumbs up Koni STR.T/Eibach Pro kit installed...finally.

My mission at the beginning of the year was to moderately lower my Accord as economically as possible while using "quality" components. Being that I only wanted a moderate drop to maintain drivability on wretched PA roads, I decided to stay with the static arrangement of the Koni STR.T/Eibach Pro kit. It's designed as an entry level 'performance' upgrade and comes with a lifetime warranty. I could have purchased one of the many shiny coil-over kits for the same price but opted for the more 'vehicle specific' product. While planning the installation, I was told by many that I wouldn't require camber adjustment with the minimal lowering of the Eibach springs. However, that was quickly corrected by my alignment technician who claimed that he couldn't guarantee he could get it within spec without them. So I got a pair of KSP adjustable upper rear links and Megan Racing upper front arms w/adjustable ball joints. Admittedly, the Megan arms were probably overkill in this situation since individual adjustable front upper ball joints are available(and cheaper). But since I was having these components professionally installed, the added cost of the easily adjustable arms did help reduce some labor costs(FWIW, R&R of the upper front arms is required in either case). I also acquired new KYB spring seats and boots/bump stops for all 4 corners. Only the original upper spring plates would be reused. Before taking the car in for installation, I presoaked every necessary nut, bolt, and fitting with PBlaster. The technician completed the install in about 8 hours and performed the Hunter 4-wheel alignment the next day. I did have him switch from my Winter set-up(Blizzacks on steelies) to my OE alloys w/all season tires while it was there as well. After all of this, I was waiting not so patiently @ the shop when he returned with the car from the final test drive...yea, I was eager to get behind the wheel of my freshly lowered ride. The shop was kind enough to have my Winter tires/wheels delivered to my house because they wanted me to experience my new suspension with the vehicle unladen...that's some conscientious service.
But it now feels like I'm driving a different car. The ride is firm, but still very smooth. The car is more communicative and maintains a more controllable attitude while cornering and braking. Even the steering seems more sensitive and precise. Keep in mind that I already had an Acura TL rear sway bar and a DC Sports upper front strut brace on the car prior to the kit...and those components were a noticeable improvement on their own...the Koni/Eibach kit is definitely the next level.

Last edited by AwGeez; 03-30-2021 at 06:01 PM. Reason: spelling correction