Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Axle/Wheel Hop?

Old 06-09-2008, 12:17 AM
Default Axle/Wheel Hop?

Hey everybody,

Sorry I haven't posted in about a year lol, I've been away at college, with no money and no garage. My question today is; What is axle hop, or wheel hop, or whatever it is called? Often when I try to start in first in the rain, my Accord will loose traction with the front tires, but instead of burning out, the whole car will start shaking and "hopping" up and down. This occasionally happens on dry pavement, but it is much more rare. The odd thing about it is, if I am purposefully trying to do a burn-out, the tires spin, and the car doesn't do any of this "hopping." Aside from being an annoyance, I am worried that this is runing my suspension, and/or my transmission and differential. Can anyone tell me what is happening, and how to fix it? Aside from "Letting off the throttle" lol. Thanks, and I'm glad to be posting again. Fixed the lack of garage problem, but still don't have any money...

Old 06-25-2008, 03:59 AM
Default RE: Axle/Wheel Hop?

a way to fix that is to get a ingall stiffy. its stiffens the movement of the engine under the hood so the car wouldnt cause wheel hop. just google up ingall and u might be able to find it for ur accord i know they make it for the 03 accords and there are alot of great comments about them. they ride better around corners and they make the car transfer torque faster from the engine to the wheel. just look around good luck