Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Rear Lower Control Arm Bushing Back Orderd

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 12:41 PM
mtnbay
Unregistered
Default Rear Lower Control Arm Bushing Back Orderd

I am replacing the strut assembly on the rear of my wagon. The Flange bolts that attach the lower end of strut to the control arm bushing are rusted to the bushing. I tried to order new bushings from Honda but they are back ordered without a release date?

I tried NAPA Car Parts and the bushing hole is .403" diameter while the Flange Bolt is a much smaller
.39370"

First, does anyone know what the heck is going on with Honda, not having a release day for a part that is used on many other models and model years?

Second, Is there anyway to make the bushing from Napa work well with the incompatible hole diameter?

Old 07-20-2008, 03:22 AM
Default RE: Rear Lower Control Arm Bushing Back Orderd

Im no gear head but the only way I know of to make what you have work involves a blow torch or arc welding lol. Im a big advocate of www.partstrain.com because they have always been pretty darn helpful with getting you the right part. The pricing is better than NAPA usually and the parts are of equal or better quality. I would say call them and ask them your question, just be ware of they guy that tries to push the sell if you only want info. Hope this helps!