Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Huge mileage drop after driving over hump at high speed with passenger side wheel.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 02:05 AM
Thumbs up Huge mileage drop after driving over hump at high speed with passenger side wheel.

Hi guys!

I bought a 07 accord SE V6 recently and was driving down the street and decided to floor it. Sadly enough, I didn't not see the gigantic drainage hump in the road and went over it at high speed with my foot still on the throttle.

Ever since then, my mileage have dropped by half and my car doesn't seem to be accelerating as fast and feels like something is constantly pulling back on it. Also, when I apply the brakes, my car starts to steer left. I'm not sure what the problem is since I don't see any puddles of signs of leaks anywhere. My transmission has been bad and it slips much, but that was like that when I bought it and takes a bit to shift into drive.

I'm not sure what it is, but something is definitely holding my car back and I can definitely notice the mileage drop by half. I feel like I only get about 14mpg.

P.S. I need to do a lot of fluid changes, but I'm sure this isn't the reason for the half percentage mileage drop.

Please help me figure this out guys!!! Thank you so much!

Old 09-22-2016, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

It needs to go on a lift for inspection. Possible collapsed exhaust pipe, damaged o2 sensor, etc.

Putting off maintenance is no bargain and will result in early loss of your vehicles use.

good luck