Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Opinions and suggestions to help me figure this out..

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 05:04 PM
Angry Opinions and suggestions to help me figure this out..

Just wanted to gather some opinions on this...

2000 Honda Accord EX

Theres a super hard vibration my car does it all the time but I can really feel it past about 30-40 mph, Its pretty intense it rattled a caliper bolt loose the other night.. my guess at first was a bent rim.. Bought new rims and it still does it, the vibration is almost like a bump in a certain spot every revolution of the wheel.. and Ive narrowed it down to the passenger front side and it makes a creaking sound at a certain point also with every revolution, my next guess would be a bent C/V Axel? Any other suggestions maybe someone has had this problem before? (The person that had the car before me definitely hit or ran over something on that spot because my floor board is bent up and scraped on the bottom this is why I thought about a bent axel)

: shrug:

Old 02-23-2015, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Worn or poorly built CV axles are a known source of vibration, usually most noticeable under firm/heavy acceleration. No visible damage to the axle may be apparent. Problem is looseness in the CV parts.

good luck

Old 02-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Did you buy new rims & keep the old tires?
Don't forget to check whether there's any damage in the tires, like belts slipping or coming apart.

Tire-shop with a Hunter GSP9700 balancing machine might be the thing?