Vendors Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Happy Holidays Hondacare Pricing !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Happy Holidays Hondacare Pricing !!

or vs. the extended warranty on an M3. also expensive.

good points nasty.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:31 PM

ORIGINAL: smaglik

good points nasty.
Which reminds me... if you ever want to know the reliability of one vehicle vs. another, ask for quotes on extended warranties, that will tell you what the approx. cost of repairs for that vehicle over the next few years is going to be (be sure to take into account that parts for a BMW are more expensive than parts for a ford)... It's a good reliability measure since someone else has already done the research for you!

Also, HondaCareGuy, what I want to know about the warranty is basically if someone was to buy this are they covered unless Honda files bankruptcy or is there a fall guy that fronts it? Kinda like Ultimate Warranty....

Old 12-29-2007, 07:40 PM
hondacareguy
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

good points nasty.
Which reminds me... if you ever want to know the reliability of one vehicle vs. another, ask for quotes on extended warranties, that will tell you what the approx. cost of repairs for that vehicle over the next few years is going to be (be sure to take into account that parts for a BMW are more expensive than parts for a ford)... It's a good reliability measure since someone else has already done the research for you!

Also, HondaCareGuy, what I want to know about the warranty is basically if someone was to buy this are they covered unless Honda files bankruptcy or is there a fall guy that fronts it? Kinda like Ultimate Warranty....
Honda Care is backed by Honda Financial Services a division of Honda Motor Company. This is a factory backed plan which is the best coverage to purchase. The coverage is fairly inexpensive because Hondas are less prone to mechanical failure than other makes and models. My 1997 Honda CR-V has 180,000 miles and I have had no major issue with it. I do regularly maintain it as most Honda owners and I think that has something to do with the success of the brand.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:45 PM

did you buy the hondacare with your crv? would it have been a good investment?

Old 12-30-2007, 11:17 AM
hondacareguy
Unregistered

did you buy the hondacare with your crv? would it have been a good investment?
I purchased the 1997 CR-Vwith 110,000 miles on the odometer. My 1997 Honda Accord had 135,000 miles on the odometer when I purchased it and I leased the 2007 Ridgeline for 3yr/36,000 miles. Once you are out of factory warranty you cannot purchase Honda Care coverage so I was not able to do so.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Those prices are under half of the extended warranty prices offered when my dad got his 01 accord and when my mom got her 04 civic. It was close to $2000 for a 7yr/100k warranty for the accord and $1700 for a 7yr/100k warranty for the civic. I do remember receiving a brochure from honda reminding me to get an extended warranty plan before the factory plan was up and the prices on those were about the same price as the one offered by the dealership. You can't blame me for thinking that his is a bogus deal. Do you have an ID # or something for me to call Honda of North America to verify that they back your warranty plans?

Old 12-30-2007, 09:01 PM
hondacareguy
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: superballz00

Those prices are under half of the extended warranty prices offered when my dad got his 01 accord and when my mom got her 04 civic. It was close to $2000 for a 7yr/100k warranty for the accord and $1700 for a 7yr/100k warranty for the civic. I do remember receiving a brochure from honda reminding me to get an extended warranty plan before the factory plan was up and the prices on those were about the same price as the one offered by the dealership. You can't blame me for thinking that his is a bogus deal. Do you have an ID # or something for me to call Honda of North America to verify that they back your warranty plans?
You can call Honda Care at 1-800-999-5901 and ask them about the plans I have advertised.I am one of the business managers at Mike Pruitt Honda in Akron, Ohio. You can check me out by typing in hondacareguy on google.com or go to edmunds.com and do a search for Mike Pruitt Honda there. My excellent reputation speaks for itself andyou'll find plenty of great reviews and happy customers.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:20 AM

the guy seems legit, honestly. if it were spam, he wouldnt still be around. and i dont think it would take much to check out his story.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: superballz00

Regardless of who is selling the honda factory warranty it's all the same price to Honda. If the dealership sells it for a little extra that's their deal and Honda doesn't worry about it.

If you want my honest opinion on those prices I know that they are ridiculously close to actual cost....

Old 02-07-2008, 09:16 AM
hondacareguy
Unregistered

Due to recent changes in Honda Care policy I will no longer sell Honda Care coverage online effective March 1, 2008. This policy will be in effect for ALL Honda dealers and just not myself. If you have any questions regarding this matter, feel free to contact me at tbrown@mphonda.com. Thank you to everyone on this forum for your business and support.

Quick Reply: Happy Holidays Hondacare Pricing !!