West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Red Light Indicator shown on instruments panel

Old 05-24-2012, 01:11 AM
Default Red Light Indicator shown on instruments panel

I have a 2005 Honda Accord LX 4-Dr 2.4L Automatic, 89K miles. I have 2 problems that I need help with:

1) My battery kept going dead & cannot start @ all ; I had to use jump cable to start my car. I bought my battery in 10/2009 @ Walmart with 4 years warranty so I took my car to Walmart, after they checked the battery and said the battery is working fine but cables were loose so they tightened them up & drove it no problems until today, the battery went dead again.

2) there is red light indicator appeared on instruments panel with picture "AIRBAG".

If anyone can help me on these 2 problems, I really appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:45 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Sounds like the Alternator isn't keeping the battery charged. Do you have any aftermarket stereo components? Once a battery goes dead though. It will never be the same again. And if purchased in 2009 its time for a new battery.The NHTSB Has placed a recall campaign # 07V001000 on this vehicle! ON CERTAIN VEHICLES, THE SEAT POSITION SENSOR (SPS) DETECTS THE DRIVER'S SEATING POSITION AND ADJUSTS THE AIR BAG INFLATION PRESSURE ACCORDINGLY. THE WIRING HARNESS FOR THE SPS WAS ATTACHED TO THE SEAT FRAME IN THE WRONG LOCATION AND MAY HAVE BEEN OVER TIGHTENED. THE SENSOR WIRE MAY BREAK AND CAUSE THE AIR BAG WARNING LIGHT TO BE ILLUMINATED, AND THE SPS TO FAIL !. A FAILURE OF THE SPS CAUSES THE AIR BAG SYSTEM TO DEFAULT TO FULL INFLATION PRESSURE, REGARDLESS OF THE SEAT POSITION. FULL DEPLOYMENT OF THE DRIVER'S AIR BAG CAN INCREASE THE RISK OF INJURY FOR SMALLER DRIVERS IN A FRONTAL CRASH. DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE SEAT POSITION SENSOR WIRING SUBHARNESS. THE RECALL WILL BEGIN ON OR ABOUT FEBRUARY 8, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HONDA AT 1-800-999-1009.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Following link shows how to manually extract SRS codes w/o special electronics.

DIY: SRS Codes and reading them. - Club RSX Message Board

Extract code and post for help. Seatbelt connect switch is a very common fault. It sometimes responds to repeated connect/release cycles. A little WD40 may help also to free microswitch that is sticking.

Corroded battery cables can cause poor connections leading to no-start. Sometime corrosion is under cable insulation.

good luck

Old 09-20-2015, 01:32 AM

I have a 2009 Accord with the red airbag light on. I've ruled out all fuses. I'm thinking it might be the seat belt connect/buckle. Are these pretty easy to replace?

Also, the "chime" doesn't happen anymore when the seat belts are unlatched while the car is on since the airbag light came on. Also, the "passenger airbag off" light stays on unless someone is sitting in the passenger seat. Passenger seat empty...light on, seat occupied, light off. Dealer wants $700+ for airbag control module that MIGHT fix the problem...they won't guarantee a fix and want a minimum $700 to throw darts and hope something sticks.

Thanks for any responses!

Old 09-20-2015, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

W/o codes any solution is just a guess. See my previous post on extracting codes.

good luck