Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

2013 Honda LX LED update?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Cool 2013 Honda LX LED update?

Hello all,

I bought my first NEW car last month that i am proud to say is a Honda Accord. Of course being 20, and my funds not being as much as i'd like them to be, i have purchased the LX.

This is my first post in this forum, so if there is already an answer to my question let me thank you in advance for being patient!

Does anyone know if there is a way to change my LX basic lights to the LED's they have on the touring, if not please instruct me on how i can revamp my lights a little! I have seen on several youtube videos a lot of cool ways to mix them up, some even look like the Audi's. Again, im low on cash but would love to make some cool updates, if anyone has any suggestions please send them my way!! thanks!!!!

Old 05-13-2013, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by cesarinialex
Hello all,

I bought my first NEW car last month that i am proud to say is a Honda Accord. Of course being 20, and my funds not being as much as i'd like them to be, i have purchased the LX.

This is my first post in this forum, so if there is already an answer to my question let me thank you in advance for being patient!

Does anyone know if there is a way to change my LX basic lights to the LED's they have on the touring, if not please instruct me on how i can revamp my lights a little! I have seen on several youtube videos a lot of cool ways to mix them up, some even look like the Audi's. Again, im low on cash but would love to make some cool updates, if anyone has any suggestions please send them my way!! thanks!!!!
U can't ull damage the lights purchase the whole light

Old 05-23-2013, 05:14 PM

I just bought a new 2013 Accord Coupe EX and I was looking around at doing the same thing to my lights. I would like to put HID's in the front and swap out the parking lamp just below the headlight for a LED one to give it a better appearance. If I find something about completely swapping out the headlight for the high trim models I will let you know! Plus I am also 20 and this is my first new car

Old 06-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Old 02-25-2014, 03:04 PM

anyone picked up some of these? Look sik!

Old 03-06-2014, 10:52 AM

I'm looking to do the same for my '14 accord EX. Let me know if anyone finds out info.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:43 PM

ended up just putting HID and switching the bulbs on DRL and bottom strip. looks great, all under $100

Old 03-23-2014, 12:01 AM
Newest Of Newbies

The lights above are over $1000. Gonzogrenade just put a set of HIDs from DDM tuning in today. Probably took me like 45 minutes. The bulb harness to ballast connection took a little time to get properly connected and figuring out which way the bulb had to be oriented in the housing as well. But once I figured those out it was easy. The driver side is very cramped! But the kit works flawlessly. Very impressed. Both sides fired and once they warmed up (45sec) I was very happy with my purchase. No flickering, no noise, no trouble lights. I purchased the 35W 4500K H11 kit. It has a very slight hint of blue I was going for white so you might try 4300K if they have it. I did order a ballast harness that they never shipped so I used 3m indoor/outdoor double sided tape to mount the ballast

Old 03-25-2014, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by tawf23
ended up just putting HID and switching the bulbs on DRL and bottom strip. looks great, all under $100
Do you have any pics you can share with the forum to get an idea what it looks like? Thanks.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by bayn8v
The lights above are over $1000. Gonzogrenade just put a set of HIDs from DDM tuning in today. Probably took me like 45 minutes. The bulb harness to ballast connection took a little time to get properly connected and figuring out which way the bulb had to be oriented in the housing as well. But once I figured those out it was easy. The driver side is very cramped! But the kit works flawlessly. Very impressed. Both sides fired and once they warmed up (45sec) I was very happy with my purchase. No flickering, no noise, no trouble lights. I purchased the 35W 4500K H11 kit. It has a very slight hint of blue I was going for white so you might try 4300K if they have it. I did order a ballast harness that they never shipped so I used 3m indoor/outdoor double sided tape to mount the ballast
Please share pics for the forum. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2013 Honda LX LED update?