Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/)
-   -   96 Accord Projector Headlight HELP! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/96-accord-projector-headlight-help-49697/)

Spawn101 08-20-2012 08:56 PM

96 Accord Projector Headlight HELP!

I picked up some Sonar projector lights off a guy a couple years back and then had to deploy. I have no issues installing and Wiring the Halos,,, "The problem I have is the lights did not come with the wire harness that plugs into the actual OEM headlight harness." So I need to figure out how to get the 9006 pigtail to plug or work with the H1 bulbs that are in the projectors....

I looked everywhere for this adapter or wires online.

I tried to splice the OEM harness (Black and red cables from pigtail) and then attempted to wire straight to the H1 bulb, The bulb Smoked up :0. Did I mention I am not the best electrical man but I do Understand the basics ground,Pos, switching, tapping, and splicing....:confused::confused:

Please Help

poorman212 08-20-2012 09:57 PM

I HATE electrical things as well.......Plus I am not good with HID or any kind of "mod"......so I'm moving this in the hope that someone will be able to chime in.

keep_hope_alive 08-21-2012 07:17 AM

trying to fab up something in those headlights will likely result in failure. there is too much vibration and moisture there to want anything other than the original wire sockets.

either by the sockets that match the lights, or buy new lights. i don't recommend trying to "make something work". or you could lose your headlights while driving and encounter a dangerous situation.

NFSRoadsta2786 08-21-2012 08:43 AM

did you try something like this?
How-To: Create a 9006 to H1 Conversion Adapter - 6G Celicas Forums

put up some photos if possible

Spawn101 08-23-2012 06:43 AM

Okay, So what if I just chucked the Standard H1 bulbs and went with a HID kit??

keep_hope_alive 08-23-2012 12:59 PM

The main concerns are heat and figment. An HID bulb would need to run cooler than the equivalent or the housing will melt. Also, the optics won't utilize the bulb well so lighting coverage will suffer. lastly, the HID kit harness/socket will need to specifically match your aftermarket socket.

Incognitjo 08-24-2012 09:48 AM

I was in this same situation.

Originally Posted by Spawn101 (Post 293844)
Okay, So what if I just chucked the Standard H1 bulbs and went with a HID kit??

Go HID! Benefits everywhere, Drawbacks very little, Lots O' Light. Just be sure you order the conversion for H1 and not stock Accord and please aim them properly when you install. ;)

Spawn101 08-25-2012 02:33 PM

yeah, these Sonar Projection lights have a caution sticker that sayz "DO not use HID Bulbs" I went to a local light shop and they told me the kits have changed.. I donno I think they were just tiring to sell me their kit for a $100 bucks.. I would like to use what I have cause its the whole princible
behind it, Why would the bulb smoke up and blow if it is a higher watt bulb?? 50W Silverstar to a 55W H1 Phillips???? Did I have the wires wrong I followed Red to Bulb and black to ground on housing?

NFSRoadsta2786 08-26-2012 04:57 AM

The bulb probably smoked because you might have touched the glass with ur fingers or it has some dirt on it
When ever I install a bulb on a car I first clean it with a alcohol pad then plug it in to the harness to make sure it works but don't install it in the housing
Usually the smokeing if there is any will stop after a couple of seconds if it keeps smoking that means ur bulb is touching something

If the housing says don't use with hid then don't otherwise it will melt

If you still want to use the sonar housing then put up some pics of the housing and the wires behind it and also of the original housing and the oem harness where all this will plug into

If the bulbs being used are 9006 and 9005 then id say get HIR bulbs instead