Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/)
-   -   need help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/need-help-58886/)

Bigcrush52 04-22-2014 11:29 PM

need help

Hey guys i need some advice. I have a 2005 Honda Accord Coupe 2.4L I-Vtec and i have 8 grand to use for customizing. Are there any preferences to where I should start or what to upgrade first before upgrading anything else?

TexasHonda 04-23-2014 08:16 AM

I moved your post to a more appropriate forum. Read posting rules.

good luck

live2rice 04-23-2014 09:00 AM

I would sell the car and spend the money on something else personally.

But if you are set on the Accord, you have to decide what your goals are, as far as if you want it all to go to go fast parts, look good parts, a mix, etc.

Bigcrush52 04-23-2014 11:13 AM

I would sell the honda, but i got it as a gift and wouldnt want to do that to the person who gave it to me. I am looking more for speed but looks would be nice too. Any ideas on a good way to upgrade my horsepower and any good turbos for my honda?

live2rice 04-23-2014 11:30 AM

The k24s are decent, you will want to swap the head for a k20a2/k24a2 head. They have decent compression on the bottom end for a turbo, but still wouldn't run insane amounts of boost on the stock bottom end. Wouldn't be too hard at all spending 8k on go fast parts.

is the car an auto or a manual?

shipo 04-23-2014 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by live2rice (Post 344244)
I would sell the car and spend the money on something else personally.

^ This!

By far your best bang for the buck would be to follow live2rice's advice. If you don't want to insult the individual who gave you the car, hang on to it for a year and then trade up to something faster. Long story short, modifying your Accord will, A) not yield a car with $8,000 better performance (compared to a car $8,000 more expensive than what you can sell your for, something like, say, a 2006 BMW 330Ci), and B) will decrease the resale value of your car by many thousands as well.

One last thought; if your 2005 has an automatic transmission turbocharging the engine is pretty much a non-starter. Why? The tranny won't carry the load.

Bigcrush52 04-24-2014 09:25 AM

Live2Rice and Shipo thank you for the information. I did realize I would have to swap the transmission and make it a manual for it to be able to carry the load. I am just going to do a custom exhaust (headers all the way back to the exhaust tip (it'll be a dual exhaust)) add a Weapon R Secret Weapon cold air intake (MAF sensor capable) and either flash my chip or just get a super chip. Thank you guys for the information. If I wasnt so young and if this wasnt my first car I would totally follow your guys advice and sell this car with the 8 grand and buy a better car. Personally I would like a Mazda RX-8.

live2rice 04-24-2014 09:40 AM

Rx8? You mean the RX7's redheaded step child?

Bigcrush52 04-24-2014 09:48 AM

Haha indeed, which would you prefer? Also any thoughts on this?
KSportŪ CHD100-KP - Honda Accord 2003-2007 Kontrol Pro Coilover Kit
I saw a thread about a guy going with either coilover or springs and someone said they should get a name brand. Is Ksport any good?

live2rice 04-24-2014 09:55 AM

Well I own an RX7, so thats what I'd prefer. I mean the RX8 is alright, obviously one of Top Gears favorite cars of all time. I just dont like the looks of them and the no turbo havingness of them.

As far as coil over vs springs: Coil overs are the "better" option, as they provide better handling, adjustability, are made to be lowered, and can often times be rebuilt. But they do cost more, and if tracking your car isnt in your plans, can be overpriced just for the lowered look.

Ksport is a decent brand. Just for the lowered look and better performance they will be fine. But for actually tracking a car there are better ones out there, obviously more expensive.