Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/)
-   -   New to Honda (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/new-honda-63190/)

Rubyjn 04-17-2016 01:36 PM

New to Honda

My finances were pretty dismal so I turned in my 2014 Dodge Avenger and bought a '97 Honda Accord 4 cylinder.
It's been running good until I found out I have an oil leak.
I took it in and the mechanics want to charge $200.00 to fix an oil pressure switch. I checked the auto parts place and the part costs $13.00 ...yikes
Why are peeps so greedy??

live2rice 04-17-2016 02:34 PM

Yeah thats pretty steep. Its a straight forward job that would take any seasoned mechanic 15minutes or less.

Anyways welcome aboard. You bought one of the most reliable cars ever made. I regret to this day selling my 95 Accord.

Rubyjn 04-17-2016 10:57 PM

Re: oil pressure switch

Originally Posted by live2rice (Post 368240)
Yeah thats pretty steep. Its a straight forward job that would take any seasoned mechanic 15minutes or less.

Anyways welcome aboard. You bought one of the most reliable cars ever made. I regret to this day selling my 95 Accord.

Hey ! Thanks for responding.
Too bad we can't go back to the days of yore when bartering trade for trade was payment enough.
my friend told me the same thing
Once I fix all the stuff I'll have a very reliable car
Thanks
✌🏼️Ruby

Prospector 04-18-2016 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Rubyjn (Post 368239)
My finances were pretty dismal so I turned in my 2014 Dodge Avenger and bought a '97 Honda Accord 4 cylinder.
It's been running good until I found out I have an oil leak.
I took it in and the mechanics want to charge $200.00 to fix an oil pressure switch. I checked the auto parts place and the part costs $13.00 ...yikes
Why are peeps so greedy??

Welcome to the forum, Rubyjn

I know that I'm fortunate to have a personal friend who is also a top-notch mechanic... truth is: Bill is honest and resonable with all his shop's customers

Rubyjn 04-18-2016 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Prospector (Post 368254)
Welcome to the forum, Rubyjn

I know that I'm fortunate to have a personal friend who is also a top-notch mechanic... truth is: Bill is honest and resonable with all his shop's customers

Hello prospector
Indeed it is a valuable friend you have that makes you lucky
unlike many others that are at the mercy of the majority of mechanics who prey on the knowledge that most people don't know they are being taken advantage of.....

Corvair 04-18-2016 08:11 PM

I changed one on my Corvair. It was easy to get to. I'm guessing it's buried on the Honda. How are you mechanical skills? How hard is it to get to?

Rubyjn 04-18-2016 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Corvair (Post 368272)
I changed one on my Corvair. It was easy to get to. I'm guessing it's buried on the Honda. How are you mechanical skills? How hard is it to get to?

Haha! Corvair I am miserably handicapped mechanically anyways😞