Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Newbie need help on mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by mel051075
went to a tuner. was told they dont hav the software and want to send my ecu to italy.

what do you guys think of jdm performance chips ?
Don't waste your money on them. You might want to look into these..

Weapon-R i-Throttle Controller @ Throwdownperformance.com

Old 02-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Newest Of Newbies

just done some reading on throttle controllers.

anyone using them now? how is it? which brand?

Old 02-02-2014, 08:56 PM

I'm planning to pick one up soon. Apparently the throttle controllers decrease the throttle delay when you hit the gas. I'm sure you've felt this with your i4. When you hit the gas, there is a slight 0.5 sec delay before the throttle kicks in.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:57 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by tkdboi
I'm planning to pick one up soon. Apparently the throttle controllers decrease the throttle delay when you hit the gas. I'm sure you've felt this with your i4. When you hit the gas, there is a slight 0.5 sec delay before the throttle kicks in.
sounds interesting 😄

i may go for this also.

anyone knows a step by step iinstruction to replace the front grille of honda accord 2011 2dr 2.4L?

i know i could be able to figure it out but really wouldnt want to accidentally damage the car 😄

Old 02-03-2014, 07:49 AM

I think all these controllers do is change how much the fly-by-wire throttle reacts to your inputs from the pedal. For example, when your foot says "give it 10% throttle", throttle plate hears "he wants 15%".

I would rather have it work like it's supposed to as this isn't really any power increase, it's a nice placebo effect though. YMMV

Old 02-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Half-fast
I think all these controllers do is change how much the fly-by-wire throttle reacts to your inputs from the pedal. For example, when your foot says "give it 10% throttle", throttle plate hears "he wants 15%".

I would rather have it work like it's supposed to as this isn't really any power increase, it's a nice placebo effect though. YMMV
yeah, basically that is what it does. id still take that response time advantage tho 😄

anyone knows where is can install CAI? i mean exactly where in the engine where it can take the most cold air?

Old 02-12-2014, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Unless it's a brand name unit that is made precisely for your car..then your kinda like on your own..

Old 02-12-2014, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

yeah, basically that is what it does. id still take that response time advantage tho ��

anyone knows where is can install CAI? i mean exactly where in the engine where it can take the most cold air?
Your car came stock from the factory with a CAI (virtually every car sold in the U.S. for the last 20+ years has a factory CAI).

Old 02-14-2014, 02:03 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by shipo
Your car came stock from the factory with a CAI (virtually every car sold in the U.S. for the last 20+ years has a factory CAI).
im sorry for my ignorance, but what do you mean? that my car came with CAI? or you mean I can readily buy the CAI specific to my car?

btw, im in dubai

Old 02-14-2014, 02:05 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by tkdboi
i am waiting for the shipment to come

i will definitely post my comments on the throttle controller once i hav installed it

Quick Reply: Newbie need help on mods