Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/)
-   -   Newbie need help on mods (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/newbie-need-help-mods-58109/)

mel051075 01-31-2014 03:44 AM

Newbie need help on mods

Hi! I am new to Honda. I have a Honda Accord coupe 2011 2.4 engine. I am not a racer and will use the car for general trasport only. But once in a while I would want to let go.

I plan to have a simple mod project for it. Below is my plan:

1. car seats
2. wheels/tires
3. chip tuning
4. turbo kit
5. exhaust
6. intake

I need help/opinion on the below:

1. which should come first?
2. on tires, do I go big or maintain my tire sizes (225x55 r.17)?
3. drop in filter or CAI?

I really would appreciate your replies and comments nothing is a small idea for me.

Thanks in advance!

live2rice 01-31-2014 01:52 PM

Well any intake you buy for the car will have to change when its turboed.

as for the "chip tuning". The only option really is Kpro from hondata, which you'd have to check to see if they have a version for that year accord. Other than that its just stand alone units.

I'd stay with 17 or 18in rims, nothing bigger than that.

WheelBrokerAng 02-01-2014 12:09 AM

I agree with Rice on the tire and wheel size..19's and up are expensive and are easy to curbstone or bend with the chuck holes at least in my area.

mel051075 02-01-2014 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by live2rice (Post 340014)
Well any intake you buy for the car will have to change when its turboed.

as for the "chip tuning". The only option really is Kpro from hondata, which you'd have to check to see if they have a version for that year accord. Other than that its just stand alone units.

I'd stay with 17 or 18in rims, nothing bigger than that.

sorry but where do i find Kpro?

mel051075 02-01-2014 01:26 AM

im staying at 17 then...well maybe 18 ��

live2rice 02-01-2014 08:17 AM

K-Series Programmable ECU

Looks like there isnt a direct fit one for the Accords, i'm sure you could get one of them to work though.

tkdboi 02-01-2014 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by mel051075 (Post 339992)
Hi! I am new to Honda. I have a Honda Accord coupe 2011 2.4 engine. I am not a racer and will use the car for general trasport only. But once in a while I would want to let go.

I plan to have a simple mod project for it. Below is my plan:

1. car seats
2. wheels/tires
3. chip tuning
4. turbo kit
5. exhaust
6. intake

I need help/opinion on the below:

1. which should come first?
2. on tires, do I go big or maintain my tire sizes (225x55 r.17)?
3. drop in filter or CAI?

I really would appreciate your replies and comments nothing is a small idea for me.

Thanks in advance!

For the i4 Accords I highly recommend the short ram intakes. You'll be able to get more low end power with them. Recommending Takeda SRI. If you want to get a turbo, you might as well just trade your car in for a v6 which would make tuning more practical. If you're gonna install the turbo yourself, it will cost at least 10k. Remember this is without labor charges. I would suggest you keep your stock mufflers and just put a high flow cat with a downpipe. You'll be surprised what i4 Accords can sound like. For chip tuning go with the hondata flashpro. They seem to have the 8th gen flashpro on their website but I only saw international models. Maybe you can contact them for compatibility. I'm not too familiar with tires so maybe someone else can answer your question. Seats, and other exterior mods are up to you. Happy tuning~

mel051075 02-01-2014 10:48 AM

went to a tuner. was told they dont hav the software and want to send my ecu to italy.

what do you guys think of jdm performance chips ?

live2rice 02-01-2014 10:53 AM

They are ebay garbage.

WheelBrokerAng 02-01-2014 04:42 PM

Yo! Rice

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by live2rice (Post 340045)
K-Series Programmable ECU

Looks like there isnt a direct fit one for the Accords, i'm sure you could get one of them to work though.

That is a good link..spent about a hour in there..got lost reading everything..Thanks :)