Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/)
-   -   Rims (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/rims-11748/)

Ismene 08-13-2007 03:16 PM

Rims

What's goin on ya...I'm new to dis forum and also new to my ride...I just copped it bout 4 weeks ago. My question to ya iz...I noticed that my pickup isn't that strong...I would have to press my foot down in order to accelerate fast...what woul I have to do in order to increase my performance?

Ismene 08-13-2007 03:18 PM

RE: Rims

I also would like to know if an all black rim would look proper on an 2000 Honda accord ex...color metalic greyish

HuYnHness 08-13-2007 05:42 PM

performance mods: basic ones inclue intake/headers/exhaust or for more extreme performance slap a turbo on it.

and personally i think black rims look good on light colored cars

Briggz 08-13-2007 06:49 PM

Huynhness basicly covered the performance.. but yeah... black rims would look good. What kind are you thinking?... 5 spoke? 7 spoke?

Ismene 08-14-2007 03:42 PM

Imma beginner on cars frum da start...I always wanted to know about cars buh didnt have the resources...So I dont really know what you mean by "5 spoke"...buh can u explain dat out?

00AccordLX5spd 08-14-2007 03:51 PM

What they mean is 5 spokes coming out from the center of the wheel - like the spokes on a bycycle. Or 7 spokes coming out from the center.

Velocifero 08-14-2007 08:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Ismene

Imma beginner on cars frum da start...I always wanted to know about cars buh didnt have the resources...So I dont really know what you mean by "5 spoke"...buh can u explain dat out?
is there something wrong with your keyboard? why do you keep talking like that?

Briggz 08-14-2007 10:07 PM

Here are what 5 and 7 spoke rims look like...

[IMG]local://upfiles/8807/9F16B1A7BF7A4BA0AE5DBD9C87CB8B2E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/8807/C2DEAB6B26664B319F2E15F9C7902D52.jpg[/IMG]

stevent 08-14-2007 11:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Velocifero

is there something wrong with your keyboard? why do you keep talking like that?

LMAO

UAA 08-15-2007 01:25 PM

i dont know man, i have a silver 01 accord myself, and ive always thought that a darker grey or gunmetal color gives the car a really mean look

your call..

sdub102 08-20-2007 10:10 PM

i would have to go with the falken torque 5 rims. i've always had a thing for them. black with a silver lip.. im a big fan

[IMG]local://upfiles/11250/EDDC2F5D0D5E48C4B9F1F51998DC3BDF.jpg[/IMG]

dan_o_89_rs 08-21-2007 08:26 AM

rofl... i thought there was something wrong with my screen.... who knows.

Ismene 08-22-2007 08:45 AM

nah ders nuffin rong dats jus da way i type...itz called internet...ya digg...buh goodlookin fo da info

Velocifero 08-22-2007 09:12 AM

nah ders nuffin rong dats jus da way i type...itz called internet...ya digg...buh goodlookin fo da info
no there is no "internet" language. talk like you would in person, as if you had some sort of formal education in your life, not like some g-thug, ya heard?

HuYnHness 08-22-2007 11:24 AM

hahaha dont bash him too bad velocifero no matter how annoying the "internet" language might be

19Accord97 08-22-2007 12:09 PM

Hey! I would rather have the internet talk than the "Ya'll" "Wash (as in WaRsh" and "Libary" language. Ya know?!

Velocifero 08-22-2007 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: HuYnHness

hahaha dont bash him too bad velocifero no matter how annoying the "internet" language might be
if by "internet" you mean ghetto. he can talk like Ali G around his friends all he wants, but here in the real world, it isnt cool or funny, it's annoying.

Ismene 08-23-2007 09:58 AM

ListenI'm not speaking for any body else I'm speaking for myself. Personally I like to get creative with anything Ido...Soyou tell me! How powerful can a person be if they can turn something so simple and see it from a different angle that could be innovative Talking in general...So for all you who just look at things in one way and don't learn from it inanother...Man **** ya!

HuYnHness 08-23-2007 11:21 AM

calm down man honestly you can really do whatever the hell you want. if you really like talking/typing like that. jsut do your thing and ignore the criticism. i wouldnt really say this forum is really all that big but most of the regular posters dont talk/type so "ghetto" and to be honest with ya i think velocifero is kinda mean to everybody. sorry velocifero

Velocifero 08-23-2007 03:44 PM

calm down man honestly you can really do whatever the hell you want. if you really like talking/typing like that. jsut do your thing and ignore the criticism. i wouldnt really say this forum is really all that big but most of the regular posters dont talk/type so "ghetto" and to be honest with ya i think velocifero is kinda mean to everybody. sorry velocifero
what?! oh man, you cut me deep. well i only act like that on this site because on all my other forums, people arent so "new" at this. and it gets frustrating telling people the same thing over and over and over again, when if the person had just did a Search, they would find the answer. theres nothing wrong with having questions, but they should only create a thread when their Search is exhausted, that's how ive always done things, even when i first starting using forums. search search search.

hell i remember when i joined my first forum (AccordRacing, circa 2005), i searched for at least 3 weeks among the forum looking for answers to any questions i had before making my first post. i wanted to be well informed, learn more and i didnt want to look stupid. to me, that's just being respectful to other members as well. not everyone thinks im an a-hole and im sure like my rather blunt, take no shi* approach to this. i self-taught alot of this stuff in the beginning knowing absolutely nothing about cars. a little effort goes a long way.

Briggz 08-23-2007 04:41 PM

Wow, this topic turned nasty quick. I'm sorta leaning towards velo's side on this one. I really can't stand posts that aren't written well. Missed puncuation, and occasional bad spelling is ok... but when it takes a few minutes to decipher a couple sentences, it's kind of... no... it's REALLY annoying. And btw, ismene... you really don't need to swear.

HuYnHness 08-23-2007 05:15 PM

i'm really not trying to offend you. its just that i've notice you bashing on the newbies asking stupid questions. and sorry about punctuation. im really honestly too lazy to capitalize and fully punctuate. i add periods sometimes so people know where my sentences end.

coolgmslife 08-23-2007 05:16 PM

no there is no "internet" language. talk like you would in person, as if you had some sort of formal education in your life, not like some g-thug, ya heard?
Velocifero, chill the F out. if he wants to type like that he can. dont be such a dick man. act your age.

Velocifero 08-23-2007 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: coolgmslife

Velocifero, chill the F out. if he wants to type like that he can. dont be such a dick man. act your age.
hahaha, what the hell?! i am chill, and am not being a "dick". and as a person in his mid twenties, it's annoying to see our youth with such a disregard for the english langauge. i prefer to speak and type the easiest, most understandable way i can, so i can get my point across in the most effective way possible. i pay for college classes and i personally like to keep up on communicating in a half-way professional manner on the forum. he can talk half-assed if he likes, and i can respond half-assed, and you can call me half-assed names. whatever, im not grading his papers, i just want to understand what he's saying without getting my decoder ring out. :D

marbro 08-23-2007 07:08 PM

I kinda agree with velocifero, its one thing to use slang words, but its completely different to completely murder our language intentionally and try to pass it off as being innovative. Theres a reason you dont see everyone talking in ebonics or internet "1337" language. After all, people dont want to have to deal with learning spanish to speak to people in our own country, why would we want to deal a "creatively innovative" language that someone started up cause they thought it was cool or funny. Next thing thats going to happen is people will start taking their civics and throwing body kits, over sized spoilers, underglow kits, and a coffee can for a muffler and call it all performance mods............ wait.....

accords own 08-24-2007 01:01 AM

*rofl*

HuYnHness 08-24-2007 01:10 AM

ORIGINAL: marbro

Next thing thats going to happen is people will start taking their civics and throwing body kits, over sized spoilers, underglow kits, and a coffee can for a muffler and call it all performance mods............ wait.....

hahaha

cheer up guys lets just drop this whole thing

finch13 08-24-2007 12:00 PM

7h15 15 1n73rn37 l4ngu4g3 y0. He's just trying to bring the streets with him. Anyways, split-5's or split-7's will look great minus any polished lip.

Velocifero 08-24-2007 04:38 PM

Next thing thats going to happen is people will start taking their civics and throwing body kits, over sized spoilers, underglow kits, and a coffee can for a muffler and call it all performance mods............ wait.....

hahaha

im cool with that, water under bridge. [sm=smiley14.gif]

nubasaur 08-26-2007 11:44 AM

eh lock this thread and kill it, burry it deeep deeeeeeeeep!!!

19Accord97 08-31-2007 04:56 PM

hahaha

im cool with that, water under bridge. [sm=smiley14.gif]

You forgot to capitlize the I and put an apostrophe between the "I" and "M". lol jp man[8D]

UAA 08-31-2007 11:10 PM

I kinda agree with velocifero, its one thing to use slang words, but its completely different to completely murder our language intentionally and try to pass it off as being innovative. Theres a reason you dont see everyone talking in ebonics or internet "1337" language. After all, people dont want to have to deal with learning spanish to speak to people in our own country, why would we want to deal a "creatively innovative" language that someone started up cause they thought it was cool or funny. Next thing thats going to happen is people will start taking their civics and throwing body kits, over sized spoilers, underglow kits, and a coffee can for a muffler and call it all performance mods............ wait.....

Beautiful man, Simply Beautiful..