Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Appearance (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/)
-   -   StreetGlow Kit (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/appearance-9/streetglow-kit-55943/)

csh217 07-26-2013 12:41 PM

StreetGlow Kit

So my dad gave me a StreetGlow Kit for free which retails $150. Should I install it onto my Silver 2002 Honda Accord SE or not? The kit is Neo Blue. OPTX Series Blue Neon Another question would be should I install it myself or get it professionally installed?

WheelBrokerAng 07-26-2013 01:00 PM

About Your Post

2 Attachment(s)
I would say that if you have the abilities to do the work then go at it..if not! Of course by all means find someone who has those abilities to do the job.

Here's a picture of what he's wanting to put in or on his car.

WheelBrokerAng :) click pic to make bigger!

hondafreak91c 07-26-2013 06:13 PM

I say no. Its been considered a "ricer" mod for a while now, and is illegal if you have it on while driving.

csh217 07-26-2013 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by hondafreak91c (Post 327809)
I say no. Its been considered a "ricer" mod for a while now, and is illegal if you have it on while driving.

I understand it is illegal to drive with it on in most counties of the United States, depending on ordinances, however I would not consider underglow lights a "ricer" mod. Ricer mods are typically added to make your car look fast but in the end receive no performance gain...ex. modified exhaust pipes, spoilers, cooled engine intakes, huge tire rims.

The lights of which I might install are neon lights not LED lights. So they are just a solid color. None of those fancy pattern displays, the lights going to the rhythm of my music, or having the lights going through a sequence of multiple colors.

Just a simple plain color that will not draw much attention to my car when it is turned on. In the end I would probably only use it once or twice just to impress my friends.

Looking at the picture of your car I can understand your point of view. You enjoy having your car look as smooth and simplistic as possible while having that sophisticated appeal.

Mopar McNeer 08-05-2013 11:39 PM

I had lights on a few of my cars 10 or so years ago. I really enjoyed having the underglow but I did seem to damage at least one tube per year or so. Street Glow was great about replacing them as long as they were purchased within the last year or so. Install was pretty easy as well, but you will have to drill some self tapping screws into the floor pan/rails of your car which creates a point that moisture can penetrate if you don't silicone/seal the holes when installing the straps.

I say, you have the kit so go for it. I'm sure you'll enjoy them, plus you can always remove them later (just remember to seal up the holes). With anything, it's your car so do what YOU like.