Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   03-05 LX Sedan... Replacing factory speakers... (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/03-05-lx-sedan-replacing-factory-speakers-17636/)

winndogg34 04-11-2008 03:19 PM

03-05 LX Sedan... Replacing factory speakers...

I want to replace both the rear deck and the door speakers.

After talking with an installer from Crutchfield, I was informed that I dont have enough room to take out my factory speakers and install aftermarket coaxils.... the tweeter will stick out too far and will be against the door panel in the doors... and the tweeter will stick up to far on the back deck as well. She offered me 2 options.... buy either these crappy Blankupt speakers or boston accoustics which were expensive as hell...

I have already found this out the hard way on my rear deck...
got the 6 1/2" plates so that I didnt have to use 6x9's... now my infinitys stick up too far and the speaker cover on the rear deck wont snap down all the way because it hits my tweeter...

I thought about shallow mounts... however this doesnt change the top mounting distance... just shortens the depth of the mount....

Any ideas? I wanted to install myself.... and have Kappas/aftermarket coaxilsall around...

Not sure where to go and what to do from here...

any advice on speakers?
found great prices on infinity kappas... had good luck with them in the past... :o/

t00fatt 04-12-2008 12:28 AM

RE: 03-05 LX Sedan... Replacing factory speakers...

You have a good 2" I think 3" between the speaker mount and the door panel grill. I have my grills cut out and have the JL grills mounted up so when I get a chance I'll measure the exact distance for you.

winndogg34 04-15-2008 01:22 PM

RE: 03-05 LX Sedan... Replacing factory speakers...

interesting....

crutchfield def told me i couldnt get speakers to fit in the doors without rubbing the speaker covers...

how did you get those covers off... i thought about using the aftermarker grills too.. not sure if i would get much clearance from using them compared to the factorys....

do they look good?

as for the back speakers.... i may try to shave the 6.5" mounts down to make them a little shallower.... depth isnt an issue.... stick up of the tweeters is..... annoying....

rio 04-10-2009 05:00 PM

That's weird.

Are you using the configure my car option on crutchfield?

Although the stock head doesn't put out enough to power them, I bought these off crutchfield about a month ago.

Kicker ds600 for the front (6.5s) and kicker ks690 for the rear (6x9s). Beside the rears being a slightly squeezed fit - and cutting off some of the rear speaker cover molding (on the underside) - it fits fine.

I'd be happy to take pics if you want of rear and what I cut.

Installing my amp tomorrow.

t00fatt 04-11-2009 12:25 AM

If I remember I'll measure the distance tomorrow for you. Maybe my doors are different since it's an 06, I doubt it though.

EDIT: The april threw me off, and I still think it's 2008... This thread is over a year old today lol