Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   03 accord radio light not working...suggestions? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/03-accord-radio-light-not-working-suggestions-6455/)

frizbee9 12-13-2006 08:48 PM

03 accord radio light not working...suggestions?

hey! i've got an 03 accord that has the factory sound system. the other day when i started my car the lights on the radio/stereo/cd player on the dash stopped working. i can't see the station, time, or how loud the volume is any longer. if the sun is shining JUST right it still can barely be seen if looked at an angle, but otherwise it would impossible to see anything when driving. everything else seems to be working properly.

i went into honda today to have it looked at because i figured it was just a simple light in that back of the stereo that burnt out, and after they looked at it they told me it means i need a new stereo, which would cost me $600 bucks!! WTF! has anyone else had this problem and know of a cheaper way to fix the stereo dash light?? really frustrating today as they were of no help whatsoever.

any help would be really appreciated!!
thanks!

chrislloyd 12-14-2006 06:09 PM

RE: 03 accord radio light not working...suggestions?

my radio did this also.... honda quoted me about the same price, but did free it as a courtesy instead. the car had 37000 when it happened... just out of warranty

t00fatt 12-14-2006 07:25 PM

I don't know what to do to fix the radio, but if your going to have to replace it. I would just get the instal kit and an aftermarket radio. Or you could try and see if you can find the stock navi, I'm sure someone is selling one somewhere.

dadams09 12-15-2006 03:23 PM

yeah its a common problem and it's happened to me too i know there is a way to fix it inside of the radio itself and i am trying to see if someone knows how to do it. I know some people do because they sell their "service" on ebay but no one will tell us i think i'm going to tinker with it myself because i'm pissed and i only use the display because i have an aftermarket system in it... if i figure it out ill let you know...

RTexasF 12-15-2006 10:34 PM

There's a TSB on the radio unit. There is no known way to fix it (according to Honda), it must be replaced, usually under warranty.
TSB #04027

mcat 12-19-2006 02:35 PM

the same thing happened in my 04, honda should recall or fix them without charge, my auto is over the warranty too.

FireMedik 01-23-2008 06:16 PM

This is the same reason I have joined this forum. I am amazed to have found out that so many people have had the same problem. I am not happy that now I am going to have to find a new unit..

pham9006 01-23-2008 08:02 PM

I had the same problem a couple of months ago. I had 70,000 miles with no warrenty. U need to call honda america and tell them about the problem. HONDA KNOWS ABOUT THIS PROBLEM, and will fix it for you for free as long as you are under 100,000 miles. Thats what the guy told me.

rudegyal 02-17-2008 08:25 PM

Mine don't work either. The cd player has power because the greens lights come on and I ejected the cd the last owner left in it, the intenna has power when i turnthe radioon but there's no sound, no lights, or anything. So does that mean its shot?

RTexasF 02-17-2008 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: rudegyal

Mine don't work either. The cd player has power because the greens lights come on and I ejected the cd the last owner left in it, the intenna has power when i turnthe radioon but there's no sound, no lights, or anything. So does that mean its shot?
If you have an '03 I'll post this again: There's a TSB on the radio unit. There is no known way to fix it (according to Honda), it must be replaced, usually under warranty.
TSB #04027

Call Honda customer service.