Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   03 accord stock head unit (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/03-accord-stock-head-unit-25274/)

accordJDM116 05-10-2009 08:11 PM

03 accord stock head unit

yesterday i got a new aftermarket head unit they also sold me a harness for my stock radio to be able to see the time on it, which wires do i hook up ?

t00fatt 05-11-2009 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by accordJDM116 (Post 170757)
yesterday i got a new aftermarket head unit they also sold me a harness for my stock radio to be able to see the time on it, which wires do i hook up ?

See the time on it? What are you talking about? The only thing that comes to mind is the top trim panel (panel that goes over the A/C vents above the radio) with a clock that comes with navi units, but I doubt that is what you are talking about. Are you trying to install the radio in the cubby, or with the metra kit that replaces the stock HU. I need to know what your talking about to help you out. Sorry for not posting sooner, I didn't even see this thread.

accordJDM116 05-12-2009 07:28 AM

ok maybe i didnt explan it rite lol ....ive got a harness that allows the stock head unit to show the time and wat not ....i have a lower deck head unit as in its in the lower pocket....how do i hook up the that harness?......is that better?

jdmaccord1215 05-12-2009 09:46 AM

so you have the cubbie unit. does it really matter if you want to see the time? thats pretty much the only thing the main unit is going to be used for

accordJDM116 05-12-2009 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by jdmaccord1215 (Post 171028)
so you have the cubbie unit. does it really matter if you want to see the time? thats pretty much the only thing the main unit is going to be used for

yea thats wat i want ...i would rather be able to have the time on there then just a blank screen

t00fatt 05-12-2009 04:04 PM

Why would you need a special harness to see the time on the stock HU, that makes no sense... The harness I have seen for the cubby install kit still powers the stock HU, and powers the new HU at the same time. So I still have no idea what your talking about, so I'm just going to have to move on.

My recommendation is order your HU from crutchfield, and you will be able to get the kit that replaces the stock HU for $75. Although it does no look as good as the OEM unit, it does no look as retarded as having both HUs and not to mention the new HU being in the cubby isn't very accessible, and you really have to look down to see it. IMO the cubby kit is only if you REALLY can't afford the real kit, and is just a band aid not a solution.

accordJDM116 05-12-2009 09:37 PM

OMG yea so far u have been no help .....so im goin to try this again WHAT WIRES DO I HOOK UP ON THE HARNESS TO KEEP THE TIME DISPLAY ON MY STOCK HEAD UNIT ???

t00fatt 05-12-2009 09:45 PM

The time wires...

EDIT: I even said it before, but it was not directly implied. If the stock HU has power it can display the time, so that would leave the power wires. Both constant and switched, and of course a ground. I guess not everyone is born with common sense, sorry I couldn't help you with that...

accordJDM116 05-12-2009 10:01 PM

sorry i cant help you to stop being a dick ....y do people like u come on here thinking your the **** bitch its not like u where born with the knowledge to install audio **** u had to learn just like everybody else so stop being a dick u will get alot farther in life

status 05-12-2009 10:28 PM

hey douche bag mc doucher, there are differnet time places for accords, if you have a navi its up where the lx or dx dont have anything, you havent even told us what model you have, fatty can be a dick but your just plain stupid, and he was trying to help you.

edit: you realize that you new hu will display the time also?