Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   03 LED Sill plate wiring? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/03-led-sill-plate-wiring-51076/)

brandondgordon 10-27-2012 10:43 AM

03 LED Sill plate wiring?

Hello Everyone, I want to be able to wire some sill plates that I just ordered into the cars lighting for when I open and close the doors, so that the LED sill plates light up. Does anyone have a diagram on how to do this? Or advice?

poorman212 10-27-2012 11:00 AM

First, do not post in the DIY section......there is a notice in there letting everyone know that.

poorman212 10-27-2012 11:05 AM

Now from there. Are you wanting the lights to come on when the door is open....correct?

If so, the door jam switch "grounds" when open, so if you use that as the ground for the lights you should be good to go.

Thanks for joining HAF.

brandondgordon 10-27-2012 11:18 AM

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm new to the forum, I've never posted on here before. So I do apologize, but I just don't know where to run my wiring, where to splice my sill plate wiring in, or anything like that, I've never done it before. Do you know where I can get a diagram for installation?

poorman212 10-27-2012 12:02 PM

I know you are new.....That is why I did give you a "thanks/welcome". And I'm not being an a@% but the rules are the rules.

Anyway. I do not have or know the "exact" wiring for the install. Based upon what I do know. If you tap into the door jam switch for ground then run a power source you'd be there. I have factory wiring diagrams so this is what I'm using to try to figure out how to help.....where is ground, where is power, ect.

Or you can go the "other way" and use the door light power source and add your own ground.

I'm hate electrical things.....so I'm prob not the best at this. I moved this thread to area where someone else with better skills will see it and I'm sure they will chime in, in time, with advise.

brandondgordon 10-27-2012 12:21 PM

Oh, where can I see it in it's new place??

brandondgordon 10-29-2012 01:46 PM

2003 Accord LED Sill Plate?

Hello Everyone, I want to be able to wire some sill plates that I just ordered into the cars lighting for when I open and close the doors, so that the LED sill plates light up. Does anyone have a diagram on how to do this? Or advice?

brandondgordon 10-29-2012 03:38 PM

If I wire it in with the dome light, will it turn off and on with the opening and closing of the doors as the dome lights do?

keep_hope_alive 10-29-2012 08:57 PM

yep, wire the sill lighting to a switched +12V source with an inline fuse. you can either intercept this behind the radio or at the fuse box using a fuse tap (adds a fuse and a wire to connect to). then tie the ground for the sill lighting into the switched ground for the door lights (located in the kickpanel).

you'll want to buy a Haynes (or similar) manual for your car to get the specific wiring diagrams/color codes.

keep_hope_alive 10-29-2012 09:28 PM

wire the sill lighting to a switched +12V source with an inline fuse. you can either intercept this behind the radio or at the fuse box using a fuse tap (adds a fuse and a wire to connect to). then tie the ground for the sill lighting into the switched ground for the door lights (located in the kickpanel).

you'll want to buy a Haynes (or similar) manual for your car to get the specific wiring diagrams/color codes.