Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   05 Accord Radio model issues? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/05-accord-radio-model-issues-21601/)

HawkeyePierce 11-03-2008 11:22 PM

05 Accord Radio model issues?

I have a stock LX cd player and want to upgrade to a Stock 6CD changer, but i am a little worried about witch one to get. If any one knows about which year or model to avoid. I heard there was some problems with screens on some later models.

[IMG]local://upfiles/18943/67E72DE093A04F05BBC0B94588C2460A.jpg[/IMG]

t00fatt 11-03-2008 11:28 PM

RE: 05 Accord Radio model issues?

The screen going out seems to be on all 7th gens. I think what you need to look for is a radio that has the same setup as yours. Meaning if you have dual climate control you have to get one with dual climate control, and if you don't you need one without dual climate control. It may not matter but I'm pretty sure it does. I'm going to be putting up a 6 cd changer with single climate control on ebay one of these days. I've been meaning to do it for a while now just haven't gotten around to it.

HawkeyePierce 11-03-2008 11:35 PM

I am looking for one on eBay i did consider the Dual AC thing. I don't have that so i am kinda limited on what i can put in there. I wonder if a refurbished one is OK. or am i risking it. New is way to expensive. I just wish i knew the model list and witch ones had trouble.

t00fatt 11-04-2008 12:10 AM

A refurb wouldn't be too good as the screen goes out with time. A used unit with little used time would be best. Unless you want to get a new one from honda which I think is almost $1000. I only had my radio installed for about 3 months. I'm going to be putting it up on ebay with a starting bid of $200 and buy it now $250, with free shipping and a AUX interface. I'll let you have it for $200 if your interested. They are going for a lot more on ebay but I just want to get rid of it already, and don't want to risk it not selling. I'm trying to put $1000 together for a new RC boat.

HawkeyePierce 11-04-2008 12:42 AM

Ya i would like to, let me know when you put up. Just a question what year is you Accord? O ya.The pic i posted on the first post is my car. I just recently installed OEM fog lights. Fun car!

HawkeyePierce 11-04-2008 12:45 AM

Just to add on the radio problem thing. I think the older years like the 03, 04 had the radio problems. not sure though.

t00fatt 11-04-2008 01:08 AM

My accord is an 06. I wouldn't be surprised if they fixed this problem by my year, but I think it's said that it affects all 7th gen radios.

HawkeyePierce 11-04-2008 01:24 AM

I think i will ask a old buddy of mine that used to work at a Honda dealership. (If i can get a hold of him) I hope your wrong because i don't want to get one if the screen is just going to go out. O well, let me know when you put your radio for sale.

t00fatt 11-04-2008 01:35 AM

It is not normal for them to burn out, it uses LEDs for back lighting, I believe, and LEDs have a very long life. So there is something else that is causing them to burn out, so every unit doesn't have a short life span its just a throw of the dice. It actuality isn't as common as you seem to think it is, although it is too common to call the radio bulletproof. Keep in mind I'm not 100% sure what it is that fails and if the backlighting is either LEDs or a cathode, chances are it uses LEDs though.