Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   05 Navigation Conversion (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/05-navigation-conversion-6751/)

g.chenfan 01-01-2007 03:45 AM

05 Navigation Conversion

Im sure this question has come up a lot with the new gen Accord (03-07). Is it possible to get the factory Honda Navigation System put into a non-Navigation Accord? And if so, how would I go about doing this? Do I get it in parts or get the whole thing? Ive heard some people say that its not possible but then I dont understand why it wouldnt?

t00fatt 01-01-2007 04:33 AM

RE: 05 Navigation Conversion

I think it is possible, but your gonna spend a pretty penny on one, don't even think of getting it from the dealer. You better off with a aftermarket Navi, Pioneer Navi is much better then the stock Navi. Although Honda does have one of the better stock navi units, but its still a stock headunit.

mamarotta 02-06-2008 11:44 AM

U NEED TO REPLACE THE HARNESS INSIDE THE CAR AND THEN FIND THE NAVIGATION PARTS CHEAP

jhowkins 02-09-2008 01:24 AM

g.chenfan...

You can findmost ofthe parts you need off of eBay for about $1100ish if you wait for the right deal. You will need the upper vent panel with sub-display, navi head unit, navi ecu (in trunk), antenna, navigation dvd, and misc. mounting hardware, screws, etc. I've been working on this project for awhile now, I am currently awaiting my first batch of connectors so that I can start producing wiring harnesses and offering the connectors to anyone who wants to make the harness themselves. You will find that no one currently produces the wire harness you need to set this all up with oem style connectors... there is a guy on eBay who asks about $400 for his harness, but most of the connectors are modified/altered to fit into the system.

Check my site if you wanna read more; www.geekeng.com

mamarotta 02-11-2008 11:48 AM

yes i have started tearing apart my civic to install what i want basically i will install correct harnesses to make the vehicle as good as brand new.

sir_nasty 02-11-2008 01:16 PM

ORIGINAL: g.chenfan

Im sure this question has come up a lot with the new gen Accord (03-07). Is it possible to get the factory Honda Navigation System put into a non-Navigation Accord? And if so, how would I go about doing this? Do I get it in parts or get the whole thing? Ive heard some people say that its not possible but then I dont understand why it wouldnt?
Do some searching in the forum, there is a guy who is making the harnesses and selling them for considerably less than ebay.

jhowkins 03-25-2008 04:01 PM

Yes, that would be me. I am STILL waiting for another crimping tool to ensure the harnesses I sell are only of the best quality.
Check my site for me details on connectors and such that you can buy. (www.geekeng.com)