Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   06 accord i need help with radio replacment (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/06-accord-i-need-help-radio-replacment-26407/)

rollo 07-02-2009 09:31 PM

06 accord i need help with radio replacment

hey whats up i have a 06 accord and i would like to change my stock radio to a 7 inch indash tv that i have i bought the radio replacment kit with the climate controll and now i wana install it i curently have the radio installed in the car with the radio relocator kit wich puts it where the cubby is underneith the stock radio but i cant open my tv so if any one could please help me out with instructions of how to do this or a website i could look up to get a diagram of this process i would greatly appriciate it very much thanks again for reading this long thread lol :D

t00fatt 07-04-2009 08:27 PM

Do you mean how to physically install the radio in the kit? Or how to install the kit in the dash? The kit should have come with instructions, I'm pretty sure mine did. Installing the kit is identical to installing the stock radio, just the only bolts you have to put in are the ones on top. Installing the HU is no different from another kit. I know when I had my indash I had to use the ISO mount brackets so the screen had enough room to flip out. With the DIN cage it held the radio too far in, and the screen would hit the top before opening all the way.

rollo 07-04-2009 09:28 PM

yea i meant the kit in the dash my girl through away the box and instucktions when we moved so i dont have them anymore but kit that i want to install is the one with the climate controlls i have the radio in the cuby hole now and that place sucks lol

t00fatt 07-04-2009 09:51 PM

That's simple, once you have taken the stock radio out it will make sense. The kit is designed to mount exactly like the stock radio. Except I think there are two bolts you have to take out of the HU on the bottom that aren't needed to install the kit. Basically once you have the radio installed in the kit, you just line the kit up in the hole and drop it in place. You have to press the bottom in until the snaps in and is flush with the dash, then install the three bolts you took out of thetop of the stock radio in the same location on the kit.

THIS guide doesn't seem to be to bad.

rollo 07-04-2009 10:52 PM

lolo sorry my mistake i dont know how to take out the stock radio thats what i meant i wasnt being clear thats what im having problems with

t00fatt 07-04-2009 11:03 PM

I posted this link in my other posts, but CLICK HERE for a guide on how to pull the stock radio out.

rollo 07-05-2009 12:06 PM

thanks u have been a huge help now i can get started on my car ive been waiting a while to do this thanks again