Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   06 honda accord amp add on 4 sub (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/06-honda-accord-amp-add-4-sub-11984/)

dalondono 08-23-2007 08:50 PM

06 honda accord amp add on 4 sub

hello to whom it have happened to i have an 06 honda accord stock headunit i added a bazooka tube with separate punch amp i used a hilo off rear speakers also used a remote turn on from directed for remote proper power wire and also proper groung wire left rear quater panel factory ground and some how the factory radio blows fuse ive back tracked every move and any possible mistake but cant find problem no matter what i disconnect power or hilo or anything and i still blow fuse keep in mind i didnt touch anything at ignition just rear speakers what have done wrong maybe some has had the same problem .please helpim stumped ps all the instrument gauges work no airbag lights are on ive basically taken system out of car and still it doesnt work thanks anyone

jhowkins 08-23-2007 09:43 PM

RE: 06 honda accord amp add on 4 sub

check for shorts in the wiring harnesses and solder points. Sounds like you're grounding a hot wire on the circuit.

HuYnHness 08-24-2007 01:38 AM

for future reference, pleace use periods. you dont have capitalize and use other punctuations but periods would be nice. its easier to read.

i cant help you but i have the same problem ive concluded that its actually sumtin in my radio that shorts. the difference between my situation is that i tapped directly onto the radio harness (big mistake - alot more work since i could have bought a radio harness extender and wire everything to this then plug it in). i added an amp to power my speakers and instead of running wires directly to the speakers i wired them onto the radio harness as ive seen an installer do once. my remote wire is connected onto the + ignition on the radio harness. if i dont plug the harness into the radio it will not blow fuse but will blow fuse if i plug it in and turn the car on. now with the harness unplugged my amp still powers on with the remote wire. ive somewhat given up on my radio already. i dont know what i can do to fix it (if at all possible) at the moment im just using my mp3 player plugged into the rca wires that were meant for the hi/lo converter until i can afford an aftermarket radio and dash kit.

dalondono 08-24-2007 11:22 AM

hello fellow forum friends. I have found the problem. all roads end up at factory radio, some howwhich i dont know how possible the deck has an internal problem. Hey has anyone changed their radio, and is sellingone. Mine is a 6 disc indash. PS anyone live in orlando thank you

HuYnHness 08-25-2007 12:25 AM

you might be lucky to find one on ebay for 150-200 but i dont have that kind of money to buy one. you can also try posted in the wanted classified section. and please if you figure out what the internal problem is please tell me because im sure we have the same problem

RTexasF 08-25-2007 05:05 AM

Got warranty? Use it!

HuYnHness 08-25-2007 03:44 PM

i doubt theyd let me use warrantee since i wired directly onto the radio harness...

smaglik 08-25-2007 06:50 PM

this kinda of concerns me when i think about using high level inputs on an amp from the head unit...