Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   06 stock HU problem w/ AM radio (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/06-stock-hu-problem-w-am-radio-7358/)

str8chillin 02-01-2007 09:19 PM

06 stock HU problem w/ AM radio

I just installed a dvd player below my stock headunit. I wanted to keep my stock because in my opinion the aftermarket is ugly. So after the installation i found out the stock radioisnt working anymore, i forgot for a sec that i used the power wire for the dvd player. So what i did was i got another harness and brigded it, figuring itll power both the stock radio and the dvd player with no problem. Well, both powered up fine but my stock radio is kinda haywire. The time keeps blinking and i cant adjust it. Ive seen both working just fine in pictures but i dont know what i did wrong. Can anyone help me out? Im thinking maybe somethings loose back there, i wanted to ask for help before i ripped my car apart again.

sir_nasty 02-01-2007 09:26 PM

RE: 06 stock HU problem w/ AM radio

make sure you didn't blow a fuse from having to much of a draw off that lead... I think there is a small battery in the clock that keeps it running so it just blinks the time but if that fuse is blown you'll have problems....

str8chillin 02-02-2007 12:48 AM

Anyone out there done this before?If socan you tell me howyou did it? id really appreciate it

HuYnHness 02-02-2007 01:54 PM

I really dont know but im also curious about this im plannin to do that also

sir_nasty 02-02-2007 02:49 PM

Personally I'd probably use the cigarette lighter 12v lead as my power wire for the dvd player and leave the radio wire alone.... That way it goes off with the ignition and it's still fused, or find an empty fuse block and use the wiring off of it, or option 3, if the DVD player has a "turn on" wire (like an amp would) I'd run the turn on off the antenna and the power directly off the battery with a fused link...

MacLeod 02-10-2007 02:13 PM

I would run a dedicate power wire from the DVD player straight out to the battery. That way it would have its own power source as opposed to being spliced in with the stock radio's. The DVD player is going to draw more juice than the stock radio and since the radio's power wire is fused for its needs, its probably not enough for a DVD player and the radio and so neither are getting proper juice. Giving the DVD player its on power line should solve your problem. Make sure you fuse that line tho BEFORE it passes into the car thru the firewall.

The power wire that comes on with the igintion is not a power source. Its simple a turn on lead. When it gets power, it lets the HU come on and vice versa. There is nothing wrong with splitting this wire between the stock radio and DVD player.