Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   08 V6 EXL Coupe - JL CleanSweep - ANC Mics - noise coming from subwoofer (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/08-v6-exl-coupe-jl-cleansweep-anc-mics-noise-coming-subwoofer-18145/)

dking99 04-29-2008 01:16 PM

08 V6 EXL Coupe - JL CleanSweep - ANC Mics - noise coming from subwoofer

I have the premium sound system and to my knowledge there are two ANC mics connected which is what may be causing this wave of inadvertant bass that runs through my system when I am braking to slow the car down at about 15 MPH and 1000 RPMs. When the engine is not running, this unwanted bass noise does not exist.

I have a 5 channel Alpine amp running door speakers and sub. JL Audio CleanSweep is isntalled as well to equalize the sound going to amp.

I called JL audio and they think this problem has to do with the ANC mics. How many mics are in this car? Myer Emco (Certified JL dealer/installer) disconnected two mics, one in front and one in rear, and they said it had a lot of the interference noise...they hooked the front mic back up and the noise decreased, so this is how they left it.

Does anyone have experience with the 08 coupe Premium sound system installation? I cant find anyone who knows how to get the JL CS to work properly with the OEM head unit.

kumazam 05-29-2008 02:09 PM

RE: 08 V6 EXL Coupe - JL CleanSweep - ANC Mics - noise coming from subwoofer

did you ever get this resolved?

id really like to upgrade the stereo system eventually as well and this was the route i was considering (except a 4 channel for the door/rear deck speakers and a mono for a sub).

thanks

RTexasF 05-29-2008 04:13 PM

For what it's worth I read on another forum that BOTH had to be disconnected for that person's audio set up to work without "ghost" noises.

t00fatt 05-29-2008 06:59 PM

I also saw someone that was having a problem with a similar noise had to remove the fuse to the day time running lights. Which is listed as "DRL" in the fuse box in the cabin, I took mine out just for the looks. I don't see how they could be related, but someone had said it worked for their 8th gen. Hope this helps although it probably won't.

mpsv 05-10-2009 05:27 PM

dking99 I am also having this problem with the bass going on and off when engine is running and when i hit the breaks. i have a 2008 accord sedan ex v6 and i installed jl audio 10w7 with jl 500/1 v2. they used a high low converter to install the amp to factory stereo, and they couldnt figure out whats making the bass do that. please let me know if you ever get this problem solved.

WheelBrokerAng 05-10-2009 05:35 PM

Hello You Old Bird

Originally Posted by RTexasF (Post 120342)
For what it's worth I read on another forum that BOTH had to be disconnected for that person's audio set up to work without "ghost" noises.

How you been? Busy I bet...
Wheels :)

jetking 05-14-2009 02:45 PM

08 V6 EXL Coupe - JL CleanSweep - ANC Mics - noise coming from subwoofer

I remember when I unplug my ANC mics, my HFL stopped working too. ... JL Slash
300/4v2 amp. Infinity 10" Basslink JL CleanSweep ... Coming soon: Sundown SAE-
1200D pushing 2 10W6v2's ... Curious if ANC makes any difference with road noise
(6MT doesn't have it). Thx. '08 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6MT/Navi, Red/Black .

mpsv 05-17-2009 07:26 PM

i just unplugged the anc's whole system from the main head unit and everythings working great now. if you pop a couple panels and peek behind the HU, its the top harness that needs to be pulled out. that disconnects all anc and any amplifier for anc.

jcny 05-20-2009 09:09 PM

How about those of us who have navigation and bluetooth? I was told these mics disabled will also disable the voice recognition and bluetooth.