Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   09 Honda Accord EX - SUB and AMP (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/09-honda-accord-ex-sub-amp-49143/)

Dash24789 07-27-2012 12:21 PM

09 Honda Accord EX - SUB and AMP

Hi Guys,

I am totally noob when it comes to setting up anything related to car audios.
Is there anyobe who have setup sub and amp in their accords (08 and later)? I am sure many of you would have set it up.

Ok so i do not know anything about this...!

I have stock radio/stereo in my car and I am not planning to replace that.
I want to install subs in my car. My question is do I need to buy an amp as well?

Also, if you guys could share how to install everything.
I need a step by step tutorial if possible. I have never ever opened my dashboard or anything as such

Any recommendation on decent subs/amps would be great.

Thanks all for your time.

troycifer 07-27-2012 10:19 PM

Look it up bud there are literally hundreds of tutorials online. The only thing vehicle specific is the colour code on your stereo harness. I'd upgrade the speakers first. And subs will need an amp.

keep_hope_alive 07-28-2012 08:59 AM

welcome to HAF.

to install a sub you need an amplifier. this process is easier if you buy an amp with both high level inputs and auto turn-on. the amp will get a signal from the rear speaker wires which allows you to keep your factory radio. JL Audio, Phoenix Gold, and Sundown Audio have amps with this feature. I can review other amp choices for your if you want.

since you can use factory wiring, you don't even need to open the dash up. if you want to get behind the radio, you can visit Metra's website and view (for free) installation instructions for aftermarket radios. the instructions tell you how to access the dash. metra-online.com.

you will need to run a power wire from the battery to the amp. an amplifier installation kit is a nice way to get everything you need. to run the power wire you need to route it through the firewall, under the carpet, and into the trunk. this requires removal of the side trim but it's just held with clips so it comes right off. you won't find much for how-to on the removal of this trim, you just need to apply spatial intelligence.

the sub will also need a box. FYI

chevi 09-03-2012 04:17 AM

Amp install on factory radio

I'd also like to install an amp and replace the speakers on my 2011 Accord EX.
I have an old alpine v12 amp with speaker inputs. Is it a good idea use the speaker wires from the radio and connect it to the speaker inputs of amp?
I PAC AOEM-HON20 amp interface have Boston acoustic component speakers that I'd like use. Do I need to bypass the original factory crossovers?
I'd appreciate some ideas.

keep_hope_alive 09-04-2012 12:55 AM

if you have the PAC interface then you use the RCA outputs from that to feed the amp a signal.

honda crossovers are simple - a cap in series with the tweeter, mounted to the tweeter. the door woofer and tweeter are wire in parallel.

the easiest thing to do is reuse the factory wiring for the woofer and run new wiring for the tweeter - from the crossover. you can intercept the factory wiring behind the HU. this is done without cutting if you have the Metra 70-1721 and 71-1721 harnesses.

chevi 09-04-2012 08:56 AM

Thanks for the good info. Actually The PAC AOEM-HON20 is not compatible with my vehicle. So can I just use Metra 70-1721 and 71-1721 harnesses to connect to the speaker inputs of my amp?
And do I also need to disconnect the ANC mIcropphones?

keep_hope_alive 09-04-2012 06:01 PM

yes, those harnesses will give you access to the wiring.

yes, disconnect any ANC mics.

neophyte 09-24-2012 03:13 PM

if the car has the factory navigation you can turn off the anc mics and not have to go in and disconect them. if this is the case it will save you a little work.