Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   1993 honda accord radio, help needed badly!! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/1993-honda-accord-radio-help-needed-badly-50768/)

ctbeamon 10-11-2012 04:51 PM

1993 honda accord radio, help needed badly!!

5 Attachment(s)
alright i really need some help. i have just replaced my stero in my 1993 honda accord SE. it had the stock radio and the cd add on. i took out the center console, wrote down the connections, soldered the connections and used heat shrinking tube to fasten them closed. there were separate connections and the ones that were in control of the cd player i soldered together. when it was all said and done the clock and radio didn't work so i replaced the 7.5 fuse in the engine bay and that fixed the clock but not the radio. i have no idea what to do now. i put on some pics, on the one with how each wire should be connected, i said that #6 which is the gray wire should be positive since the upper part said it was positive so i hope i did that right but even if i didn't that wouldn't make the radio not work, or would it? anything will help, thank you
Attachment 17909

Attachment 17910

Attachment 17911

Attachment 17912

Attachment 17913

keep_hope_alive 10-12-2012 07:10 PM

1993 Honda Accord Car Stereo Radio Wiring Diagram
Radio Constant 12V+ Wire: White/Yellow
Radio Switched 12V+ Wire: Yellow/Red
Radio Ground Wire: Black
Radio Illumination Wire: Red/Black
Radio Dimmer Wire: N/A
Radio Power Antenna Trigger Wire: Yellow/White
Radio Amplifier Turn On Trigger Wire: N/A
Front Speakers Size: 6 1/2″ Speakers
Front Speakers Location: Doors
Left Front Speaker Wire (+): Blue/Green
Left Front Speaker Wire (-): Gray/Black
Right Front Speaker Wire (+): Red/Green
Right Front Speaker Wire (-): Brown/Black
Rear Speakers Size: 6 1/2″ Speakers
Rear Speakers Location: Rear Deck
Left Rear Speaker Wire (+): Blue/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Wire (-): Gray/White
Right Rear Speaker Wire (+): Red/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Wire (-): Brown/White

this is the factory wiring reference you used to match the aftermarket color codes to factory, correct?

buying the Metra 70-1720 harness adapter would have saved you soldering and ensured an accurate installation.

keep_hope_alive 10-12-2012 07:13 PM

you shouldn't have connected any of the factory CD player wires. you should have only connected the 3 batt/ignition/ground then the 8 speaker wires. illumination isn't necessary. turn-on isn't necessary. all unused wires should be separately capped/heat shrunk.

ctbeamon 10-12-2012 11:24 PM

Yeah so i found out that the part i soldered was a harness already that was able to just disconnect so i did and went out to buy a harness. i still had some soldering to do but it was just matching up colors and now looks and performs like a dream. thank you for the help, i feel dumb soldering something i didn't need but that is part of learning. once again thank you