Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Pioneer double din on accord 2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Smile Pioneer double din on accord 2010

Hey guys i recently bought a honda accord coupe ex-l and i was willing to do some mods on it. I was thinkin of getting a pioneer double in car streo but i dont know how to fit it in my dash , ive seen a picture of some doing it on his accord n i really wanna do the same , any idea how he did it ?? Anyways ill post up picture of my mods soon for u guys pllzzzz help thx

Old 05-13-2010, 05:57 PM

Btw this is wat im talkin about
http://blog.sonicelectronix.com/?p=1528

Old 05-13-2010, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

most people don't replace the factory radio - it's integrated with climate controls, navi, etc.

most people just add a unit in the pocket beneath the radio. some will sacrifice the factory screen (if factory navi isn't used) for a double din - but that requires fabrication. some will bring the screen input from the factory system in on an aux video input for the double din so they get both. all of those people have skill or pay someone with skill.

the possibilities are endless. what limits you personally is your budget and your own skill. for a price, you can pay someone to do whatever you can imagine. you want a new ipad in the dash of your car??? it can be done.

another thing to think about is what do you want the new head unit to do? there are a host of factory interfaces available for adding ipod control, HD radio, etc. if you want better sound quality or more volume? - start with good speakers and good amplifiers. There are dozens of high quality factory interfaces that let you get the most sound quality possible from a factory head unit for feeding aftermarket amplifiers and speakers. People that really care about better sound (myself included) won't even worry about where speakers are from the factory - we make new speaker locations based on path length and intensity. We invest HUNDREDS of hours.

That is what modding is about - time and skill... or just money. It's about the love of the car and the desire to make it yours - to put your own personal touch on it. i'm all about personal touches - all of my vehicles have time and effort in them.

in summary - replacing the factory HU in new, integrated cars requires two things: money and/or skill. adding an additional head unit is much, much easier - but, of course, not as aesthetically pleasing.