Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   1994 accord stereo problem. Help! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/1994-accord-stereo-problem-help-3371/)

coupe_hybrid 05-31-2006 06:27 AM

1994 accord stereo problem. Help!

I just installed a aftermarket cd player into my 94 ex accord and realized that the memory wire coming from the stock radio harness is dead. Anyone know how I could fix this problem? Right now I'm running the cd player by connecting the power wire and memory wire together and it sucks cause I have to adjust the settings everytime I turn on the car.

sir_nasty 05-31-2006 02:48 PM

RE: 1994 accord stereo problem. Help!

start by tracing the memory wire and see if you can find the break for starters... if not fine a constant lead that is on no matter what ( I believe your cigarette lighter will work nicely for this) and tap into it

jtf4619 05-31-2006 05:25 PM

First thing you need to do is check the fuses for the radio. Most of the time it is the 7.5 amp radio fuse underneath the hood, but i don't remember if it is the constant fuse. If not this, then check the fuse inside the vehicle. If both these fuses are good then you have to run a new constant wire. Im pretty sure the cig. lighter is not run on constant power, but whenever i have to run a new constant wire for a deck on these vehicles, i go to the fuse box inside the car. There are 4 or 5 male spades underneath all the fuses. One is constant, another is switch, another is parking lights and dunno what the others are. Just test the spades and connect a female spade to it and run it to the radio.... problem solved

coupe_hybrid 05-31-2006 08:07 PM

I've checked both fuses and both of them work. I'll try to find a constant power supply and run a new wire. Could I tap into the power seats? Isn't that a constant power supply?

sir_nasty 05-31-2006 08:38 PM

In some cars it is but you'd need to test it to be sure... the best way to do it is run off the fuse block like someone said earlier... or you could get crazy and run a line straight off of your battery *L* (I've seen that one done before too...) have you tested the lead with a volt meter to make sure that it is in fact dropping/loosing voltage when the car goes off?

coupe_hybrid 06-01-2006 03:47 AM

Yeah I've tried checking for voltage when the car is on and off and get nothing.

spectre184 06-04-2006 11:23 AM

coupe_hybrid have you got it fixed yet? If not I JUST happen to have a Mitchel print out of stereo diagrams for your car. My step daughter has same one ;)

Any way I could scan in Adobe and e-mail them to you. I just need to know if you have premuim or base radio. Premium has tweeters up in corner of dash.

Let me know or PM me your e-mail!