Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

1996 Accord LX Radio issues

Old 11-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Exclamation 1996 Accord LX Radio issues

The radio is having issues with flickering lighted display then other times any illumination completely disappears and then everything lights up even the preset buttons, I mean all of them light up at the same time, the radio stations that are preset preset stay put so its not losing power but nothing is illuminated.
Does anyone else have or had this issue? remedy's? Do I need a new radio?

Thanks, Chris

Old 11-20-2017, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Twisted
The radio is having issues with flickering lighted display then other times any illumination completely disappears and then everything lights up even the preset buttons, I mean all of them light up at the same time, the radio stations that are preset preset stay put so its not losing power but nothing is illuminated.
Does anyone else have or had this issue? remedy's? Do I need a new radio?

Thanks, Chris
I suspect one of two issues.

1. someone has made changes to the wiring and you have a poor connection. Look back there and if you find any aftermarket connectors, replace all of the connectors with quality crimps or solder.

2. If the wiring is 100% stock then I would expect a radio issue (known problem with age)

Old 11-21-2017, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
I suspect one of two issues.

1. someone has made changes to the wiring and you have a poor connection. Look back there and if you find any aftermarket connectors, replace all of the connectors with quality crimps or solder.

2. If the wiring is 100% stock then I would expect a radio issue (known problem with age)
Hmmm My Daughter has been using the Lighter as a port to play her Ipod music, that could be the culprit.
Thank you.