Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   2004 Accord 4 door sedan - Audio Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/2004-accord-4-door-sedan-audio-help-13710/)

dhillon09 11-04-2007 12:41 AM

2004 Accord 4 door sedan - Audio Help

Hey guys, my first post here :D

So basically, there's the thing, I love the overall interiour look and exterior look of the accord, and I want to keep it that way. I'm looking at some after-market speakers, mainly a sub (or possibly subs) for the trunk and I may or may not get new speakers.

I want subs for sure, does anyone know if it's ok to keep the stock deck, and just get an amp and a sub (or two) ? Is it even possible? Also how much would it cost for a decent setup from a mainstream store? Would it be worth it to go with some upgraded speakers in the car, or just go with the subs? I already have the "premium" audio option, so shouldn't it be ok to ignore that part and just get some subs? Also, I dont want to kill my trunk space, so ideas? Thanks

Btw, Not a huge audiophile by any means, its just that im left wanting a bit more on the lower end of the frequencies.

korrupt1 11-04-2007 02:55 AM

RE: 2004 Accord 4 door sedan - Audio Help

get some 8's if you wanna save trbk space and add just a little boost on the low end....get a speaker to RCA convertor and tap that thru you factory speaker wiring, run a power wire (fused please) through your car from battery to trunk for power to amp, run a SHORT (caps for a reason there) and wire your amp in...dont forget the remote lead for the amp...something that shuts off with the car that can fire the amp up upon getting signal....toss the subs/box in, wore to amp and your done.....shouldnt take more than a few hours and thats taking your time.....keeping the factory radio is a easy option going this route and is by far the simplest way you can achiever what your looking for...and no need to upgrade the foctory speaks unless your gonna go for some serious sound upgrade....keep them in there and just use a set of 8's (pair prolly) or 1 decent 10".....I have 2 10's and they take up a decent amount of room but that is currently being worked on so....I will regain SOME of my room, but not all of it.

hope that helps

dhillon09 11-04-2007 03:25 PM

Where should I go to get this done? I'm in vancouver BC, I doubt anyones from around there, but I really don't know much.

Also, what's a decent price point? I want some nice bass, and I want to get that stuff on my trunk so it doesn't rattle and sound like ass, suggestions? Thanks.

MacLeod 11-04-2007 08:44 PM

If youre just wanting simple drop in speaker replacements, either Circuit City or Best Buy can handle that for ya.

dhillon09 11-04-2007 09:04 PM

If I do go the futureshop route, what do you reccomend? As far as amplifiers go I want something that provides the maximum power that can be handled by my subs, correct?

Also, to stop my license plate from vibrating, should I just buy some really thick plastic grommets and place them between the body and the plate?

I really have no idea what to get but I have a budget of around $500 CAD, can someone kinda direct me towards something good from www.futureshop.ca ? Thanks.

MacLeod 11-05-2007 06:22 PM

Get a good brand name and not one of the budget amps.

Get one with an RMS (not peak or max) rating that most closely matches that of the RMS rating of your sub.

Get some a Dynamat license plate kit for the vibrating plate.