Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   2004 Accord-Ex Aux port setup (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/2004-accord-ex-aux-port-setup-26506/)

natr_2002 07-07-2009 01:47 PM

2004 Accord-Ex Aux port setup

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me how much it would cost to setup an auxillary port on 2004 Honda Accord Ex. I see there's an Aux button but i don't see any audio jack to connect any audio device.

Is it something we could do it ourself or have to go to a dealer or mechanic?

Please explain.

Thanks in advance.

My03Accord 07-07-2009 02:20 PM

Does your OEM unit have 6-disc changer built in or seperate? XM radio? Is it 4 door or coupe? These features determine what will work in your car and what won't. But some brands that come to mind that make OEM interfaces are Isimple and Peripheral and Scoshce. Start with a look at those. I believe the price ranges are around $70-$150 depending on the unit.

natr_2002 07-07-2009 03:06 PM

Hi My03Accord,

Thanks for the reply. I have a built in 6CD changer and its a 4dr sedan.
After i bought the parts you mentioned, can i do it myself or go to a mechanic to add it.

Thanks again.

pao2 07-07-2009 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by My03Accord (Post 177313)
Does your OEM unit have 6-disc changer built in or seperate? XM radio? Is it 4 door or coupe? These features determine what will work in your car and what won't. But some brands that come to mind that make OEM interfaces are Isimple and Peripheral and Scoshce. Start with a look at those. I believe the price ranges are around $70-$150 depending on the unit.

I have the same question too. My car is 2006 accord coupe EX with in-dash navi. Thanks a lot..

t00fatt 07-07-2009 05:10 PM

Don't know about the navi, but with the regular unit you don't even have to pull the radio out to install the aux interface. Just have to pull the lower cubby out, the AUX plug is directly underneath the HU. How your going to connect your devices to the AUX interface, that's up to you. I'd recomend installing a female headphone jack somewhere on the dash, that way you can remove the AUX cable when not in use. Of course you could just do it easy and cheap by just having a long RCA to headphone cable, come out under the center console between the seat so you don't see it, or anywhere else you can think of.

Whether your car is a coupe or sedan, 6 CD changer or not is irrelevant for this. You only have to worry about having XM or a stock external cd changer, if there even is such a thing. If you have XM your going to have to remove it to install the AUX interface. Do know the output will be slightly lower compared to the radio or CD.

My03Accord 07-07-2009 05:38 PM

Is this for an Ipod or otherbrand MP3 player?

t00fatt 07-07-2009 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by My03Accord (Post 177349)
Is this for an Ipod or otherbrand MP3 player?

Sounds like the OP is going to a regular AUX interface adapter.

My03Accord 07-08-2009 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by t00fatt (Post 177347)
...6 CD changer or not is irrelevant for this. You only have to worry about having XM or a stock external cd changer, if there even is such a thing. If you have XM your going to have to remove it to install the AUX interface.

If you are planning to use it specifically for an Ipod, its all relevent for that matter. There would be control for the ipod from the deck but you would loose the external CD changer (yes there is such a thing) in the process. But since yours is built in don't need to worry about loosing it. The module i recommend using is USA SPEC PA15-HON2. This has ipod connectivity as well as an addional aux hookup. Pretty cool unit. If your deck has XM it will display the song information on the deck when interfaced with the ipod. If no XM then it won't. Not sure what the price is for it but do some searching and i'm sure you can find it for a good price.

P.S. with the Navi unit it will work as well.

t00fatt 07-08-2009 10:15 AM

What do you mean if it has XM it will display the info and if not it won't. Does the XM plug into that interface to keep it working? These units only have one AUX plug, so unless you can add the XM to the interface I don't see how it can stay connected.

I personally am just against using the stock HU in any situation. Unless your going to run a cleansweep or similar. THe stock HU has a nasty EQ built in to make the stock speakers sound boomy, and you will never get a truly flat signal from the stock HU without a cleansweep or similar unit. That signal can be a nightmare when trying to get your system properly dialed in.

My03Accord 07-08-2009 12:06 PM

This will retain the XM and CD changer (if there) for non-navi and navi units. Allows control use from the steering wheel too. If you have the XM button then that hookup can display information from Ipod. When using XM button control, XM1 is for Ipod use and XM2 is retained XM broadcast (if subscribed obviously to see XM2). Most likely if you have the built in 6 disc changer you will have XM button. But if using CD or Aux option, you'll still have the control just get no artist or song info displayed. Only disc number and track number are displayed (Disc number = playlist).