Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   2005 Honda Accord radio does not work? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/2005-honda-accord-radio-does-not-work-44612/)

gammy999 12-22-2011 07:49 PM

2005 Honda Accord radio does not work?

This seems to be a known problem. At first the car would turn off and leave the radio display on (i.e. station number, etc;) but no sound...I pulled the #5 fuse put it in...this would fix it and work for a few days then it would happen again. Eventually, the radio stopped working. The cd light stays green (i.e. means a cd is in the bay) and the display would light up but with no info and no sound. Looking for ideas.

poorman212 12-23-2011 08:13 AM

I'm not good with radio issues...moved this in hopes of getting a better answer.

TexasHonda 12-23-2011 08:17 AM

No easy fix here. This is now a complex system w/ it's own diagnostic codes and procedures. Suggest you purchase a Honda shop manual from ebay seller automanualsource for $21.99. The manual has diagnostics for virtually every condition to source the problem.

Alternatively, you can use the manual to replace the radio like/like w/ used unit from salvage yard (check car-part.com for sources). Looks like $150 should get a good unit.

good luck

keep_hope_alive 12-23-2011 04:34 PM

Honda Accord 2003+ Dash & Wiring Harness Kit (Lower) [Ai] - American International - HONK823H

Best option is to use this kit to install an aftermarket in the lower pocket. Result will be modern features and better sound.

The_Day 01-06-2012 06:30 PM

A similar problem

wife's car, 04 2-door.. Factory everything. The old factory radio/display/cd went out.. i.e.-lights first, then a couple months later while the honda dealer was trying to work out warranty issues the sound went out too. We bought a new factory radio and had a local stereo mods shop install it. But they couldnt get the radio to work.. Cd and lights are a go but no radio.. any ideas? :confused:

keep_hope_alive 01-08-2012 02:13 PM

Did they have the code? You need the code for the radio to work. We have a sticky on it in this section.

gammy999 01-09-2012 08:29 AM

Fixed

I went all over town, talked to Honda dealership and numerous radio shops.
Crutchfield had the Metra dash kit (proprietary to this Model Honda accord) for $150 (everyone else for $200)...if you order a radio/receiver from Honda they discount it to $75..I have an awesome radio dash kit, and payed $50 to have it installed...total $288...NOW I have iphone/ipod capability, bluetooth, etc;..

keep_hope_alive 01-09-2012 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by gammy999 (Post 266127)
I went all over town, talked to Honda dealership and numerous radio shops.
Crutchfield had the Metra dash kit (proprietary to this Model Honda accord) for $150 (everyone else for $200)...if you order a radio/receiver from Honda they discount it to $75..I have an awesome radio dash kit, and payed $50 to have it installed...total $288...NOW I have iphone/ipod capability, bluetooth, etc;..

pics of the final result? model/part numbers? this sounds like a good option for other Accord owners.

gammy999 01-10-2012 07:57 AM

I went with Crutchfield because they discounted the dash kit from $150 (the local shop wanted $200) to $75 if you bought a kit from them. Free shipping also:
Radio: ($159)
Dual XDMA6540 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Dash Kit: ($75)
Honda Accord Factory Integration Adapter Factory stereo integration adapter for 2003-up Honda AccordWith heating, ventilation, and AC controls at Crutchfield.com

TOTAL: $234
Local Stereo guy install: $50
FINAL TOTAL $284
Different reviews on the dash kit...so far so good...it's not a HONDA but it's your only real option.

Amod 05-20-2020 04:24 AM

I had similar problem.....took radio unit out of the dashboard....removed oxidation and re-soldered cold joints in PCB....and it is working well