Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   2005 speaker setup (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/2005-speaker-setup-14572/)

joe3024 12-10-2007 02:00 PM

2005 speaker setup

Was wondering if anyone hase any recommendations on what 6.5 for the fronts and what 6x9's to get for the car. I was leaning toward infinity Kappa 3 ways for the rear since my friend will hook me up with freebies but what should I do with the front. Should I run 2 or 3 way speakers. And decided to go with 2 10" type r subs. And what should I tap off of for the signal wire to the amp since I'm running the stock headunit?

sir_nasty 12-10-2007 06:40 PM

RE: 2005 speaker setup

there's probably still an antenna wire on the stock headunit that you can tap into. As for the front speakers I had some fosgate component speakers that were AMAZING and I think they'd go well with the infinity's

falkore24 12-11-2007 09:35 AM

If there's no power antenna wire, then you can use a switched accessory lead for the remote to turn the amp on and off with the ignition. For more control, you could put an SPST switch in line as a remote on/off. I have 6.5" MB Quartz components and they rock!!! One tip, for that size woofer, you need to rip out the plastic that is behind the interior of the door with dynamat because it is going to buzz and make the sound crappy (I know form experiance and I plan to do this when I can find a bit of free time and a dry day).

joe3024 12-11-2007 10:44 AM

I got bord last night and decided to hook up some kenwoods for the door speakers that I had laying around and Jl evolutions for the rear. The system sounds like theres sooooooooo much treble. I even tried the Kappa's in the rear and boy did they suck compared to the Jl's. Why is there sooo much treble and I have tried to mess with the settings but can't really get anything satisfying out of them it seems stock were better. Maybe its just that I need to pick up my subs asap

falkore24 12-11-2007 01:36 PM

I'd check your amp settings. If you are hooking up high power speakers to the OEM head unit, there is likely not enough power to move the woofer cone properly.

MacLeod 12-12-2007 06:27 PM

Infinity speakers suck. Theyre WAY too bright and thin sounding for anykind of serious listening. I would dump them immediately.

My personal preference for speakers is Polk Audio. Youre not going to do much better for the money than their Momo line. The MMC690 and MMC525 would fit and sound very good.

If you like the way those JL's sound, stick with them. JL is an excellent brand and you cant really go wrong with anything of theirs.