Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   2006 Acc - Amp Factory install? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/2006-acc-amp-factory-install-44706/)

svb123 12-29-2011 04:02 PM

2006 Acc - Amp Factory install?

I recently purchased a JL JX1000/1D mono amplifier, ported enclosure and 4 gauge Bassworx wiring kit to go along with my previously purchased sub.

I installed my previous amp and sub on my old car that was stolen so I have some knowledge, but limited. Budget is also limited.

I am hoping to install this setup with a single sub to my factory deck but I am willing to buy a harness and after-market deck if necessary. I have read many threads and posts and am still confused about the approach to take with my vehicle.

1) Will I need to buy a line output converter for my factory deck? How will sound quality be affected? Does it matter how many channels?

2) If quality is poor with the factory deck, would it be recommended to purchase something like a cleansweep, or should I just buy a after-market deck and harness?

Any other input and/or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks for the help.

crispin 12-29-2011 04:11 PM

for just running a sub you will need a LOC (Line Output Converter)

The sound quality will be fine from the factory deck you do not need to replace it.

svb123 12-29-2011 04:18 PM

Will any LOC do? Does it matter what the watt's are or if it is a speaker level converter?

svb123 12-29-2011 04:31 PM

I noticed my amp has a connector for "Hi-level inputs" and Pre-outs.. Is this the same as LOC? If this is the case, will I have to run the wires from my factory deck all the way to my trunk to the amp?!?

crispin 12-29-2011 05:51 PM

yes you can run JL's speaker to RCA adapter but it will cost you more than a converter.

IMO for running a sub only setup any LOC will do.

Now if you were planning on going with a SQ setup with all new drivers and an amp powering them then it would be more important to get a higher quality LOC or better yet an MS-8

Anyway any cheap LOC will be fine.

Tap into any wire that you find that come on and off with the key and run that to the remote turn-on on your amp.

neophyte 12-29-2011 07:18 PM

the high level inputs are so that you do not need an loc. all you would need would be the plug for that and to wire them directly into the speaker wires. This is not my preference but that is what they are there for.

keep_hope_alive 12-29-2011 09:51 PM

not just any cheap loc is desired. you need a remote turn-on and you want it to be auto sensing.

the only LOC i'll recommend is the following:
N-RHL2 - BEST LOC IN THE WORLD!! - $24.95 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
at $25 it's affordable.

i also recommend you tap the front speaker outputs to get the signal. this can be done without cutting wires by buying both harnesses
70-1721 into car
71-7121 into radio

then you can splice in easily.

i know it is common to use the rear 6x9's to feed the LOC and that is ok - better if you just disconnect the rear 6x9's so you can use your fader as a quasi sub level control. the rear 6x9 are for bass and if you add a sub you don't need them. removing them will also let more bass through their openings.

neophyte 12-29-2011 11:12 PM

I have, as of recently, made a habbit of putting the loc behind the head unit in the dash. it is an easy place to tap into wires. it makes hiding of the rest of the wires much easier because at that point it is the same as wiring into an aftermarket head unit. overall I think it turns out with better results. Just a thought.

svb123 12-29-2011 11:35 PM

Great advice, thanks for the input.

WheelBrokerAng 12-29-2011 11:39 PM

Good post men..Thank You both for responding for our new member..:)