Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   2007 Honda Accord EXL(4 cy) with Navi Audio/Video Question (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/2007-honda-accord-exl-4-cy-navi-audio-video-question-37791/)

purnimadk 01-28-2011 04:41 PM

2007 Honda Accord EXL(4 cy) with Navi Audio/Video Question

Hi thr,

I have about 63k miles on my car so far. I have AM/FM Radio.
In this model that i have purchased(new), i dont see an AUX INPUT PORT. I have 6 CD player and cannot play any mp3 cds. I can control the cd change and track change in my steering aswell. I also have the voice recognition feature.

Two things that i want to do:-
1. I am planning on purchasing an iphone and ipod and i want to be able to use it in my car. Preferably if i can also install a blue tooth as well.

2. How does an AUX port installation help me in future if a new technology is being introduced in the market often. Is this the only option that i have which solves almost all issues?

Can anyone pls suggested me what are the possible option i have for a fairly reasonable rate.

What are the questions that i need to ask while i approach a local store? What components/brand are needed to be purchased or should be aware of before i approach the store for installation.

PS:- V. IMP : Also, after the installation, i only hope that all existing controls do function as before with this new installation. I hear thru forums that some controls stop working which i am concerned of. Is thr an alternate?

PS:- Suggest places for zip code 95054 in US.

PS:- what is the legal %age of tint that one can apply on the front and back of the car in California?

Apreciate an earliest reply:

Thanks

keep_hope_alive 01-28-2011 11:50 PM

Pac-Audio has integration solutions to add ipod control/input. visit their website and enter your vehicle information. choose which product is right for you. they aren't cheap - usually $100 or more. USA Spec is another company providing a similar product. there are also bluetooth integration products. contact them regarding using more than one at a time. download and read the manual/install instructions before you buy any integration product so you know the limitations before you buy.

avoid any FM modulator based product. make sure your ipod is charging and that you are also getting song/artist data and control via the factory head unit.

for window tinting legality, call your local police department and find out what they enforce. the local tint shops will also know. you can look it up in municipal code.

purnimadk 02-09-2011 07:12 PM

When i called the All Pro Audio in Santa Clara, they suggested me Dice Electronics instead of USA SPEC PA-15 HON2. They said they find Dice much better with 99.9% suceess. is it true?

purnimadk 02-09-2011 07:14 PM

Thanks
keep_hope_alive for you suggestion, it helped me a lot.

keep_hope_alive 02-09-2011 07:55 PM

I am not familiar with Dice. If that is what the shop sells they are brand loyal. Call a shop that sells USA Spec and see what they say about Dice. :)

As long as it works you will be happy.