Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

FM/CD is simply dead HELP!

Old 07-03-2019, 08:47 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Exclamation FM/CD is simply dead HELP!

My current ride is 2009 Honda Accord lx-p and its been few weeks my FM/CD player has been dead and not turning on. Few things that I did:
1. checked all the fuses with multimeter
2. unhooked battery for 30 mins

1. All the fuse that I checked with multi meter is working great! Despite that, I am wondering why is the FM/CD player is dead? Is there any internal fuse that I have to check that resides inside the CD player itself or Do I have to change the whole CD player?

Appreciate your feedback!

Old 07-12-2019, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by devonks
My current ride is 2009 Honda Accord lx-p and its been few weeks my FM/CD player has been dead and not turning on. Few things that I did:
1. checked all the fuses with multimeter
2. unhooked battery for 30 mins

1. All the fuse that I checked with multi meter is working great! Despite that, I am wondering why is the FM/CD player is dead? Is there any internal fuse that I have to check that resides inside the CD player itself or Do I have to change the whole CD player?

Appreciate your feedback!
Very unfortunate. Nice work so far. How long have you owned the car? Failures of that year haven't been as common.

If you're not the original owner, I would check behind the radio to see if someone removed it previously and didn't properly insert the harness (it has a clip that locks in place) or if any cutting was involved.

Old 07-13-2019, 10:32 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default No power in CD player and clock

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
Very unfortunate. Nice work so far. How long have you owned the car? Failures of that year haven't been as common.

If you're not the original owner, I would check behind the radio to see if someone removed it previously and didn't properly insert the harness (it has a clip that locks in place) or if any cutting was involved.
I owned that car in 2016 so roughly its been few years that I owned that car.
Strange thing is I realized one more thing yesterday that the multimedia lights which is power on, power off track change ETC looked dim(faint) when I turned the headlight. However, the clock was completely off so was the CD player.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Since there was a previous owner, it's worth looking behind the radio to see if it's a wiring issue. If the wiring is factory, then i'd suspect a unit failure. You could verify by measuring voltage at the radio harness with a DMM.

If you want to know how to remove the radio and how to interpret the harness wire colors, you can get temporary access to the online service manual at techinfo.honda.com