Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   2009 Accord Euro Tourer N - front speaker cutting out (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/2009-accord-euro-tourer-n-front-speaker-cutting-out-64726/)

the_scarecrow 06-22-2017 09:54 PM

2009 Accord Euro Tourer N - front speaker cutting out

Hi guys,

New member here, recently purchased 2009 Euro Tourer, loving it aside from the fact the front passenger speaker (RHD, so on the left side is where im having issues) upper door speaker cuts out intermittently. Sometimes it's when i'm on uneven surfaces, or just on the straight. Occassionally it takes out the lower door speaker and the central one too above the nav screen.

auto electrician looked at it here in Aucks, NZ and couldn't pinpoint the problem, but said it may be related to the GPS, which I found a bit hard to believe, seems like a wiring issue, but I'm no expert.

Just wondering if anyone else has similar issues and what their resolution was?

Cheers!

keep_hope_alive 07-01-2017 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by the_scarecrow (Post 375696)
Hi guys,

New member here, recently purchased 2009 Euro Tourer, loving it aside from the fact the front passenger speaker (RHD, so on the left side is where im having issues) upper door speaker cuts out intermittently. Sometimes it's when i'm on uneven surfaces, or just on the straight. Occassionally it takes out the lower door speaker and the central one too above the nav screen.

auto electrician looked at it here in Aucks, NZ and couldn't pinpoint the problem, but said it may be related to the GPS, which I found a bit hard to believe, seems like a wiring issue, but I'm no expert.

Just wondering if anyone else has similar issues and what their resolution was?

Cheers!

The first question is if anything is aftermarket. If everything is stock then a wiring problem is unlikely because OEM wiring is quite stout at the speakers. What's weak is OEM electronics.

The upper and lower door speakers are usually on the same output but in your case i assume there is an amplifier that has them getting separate signals. because it happens to discrete speakers it is likely in the amplifier (if it was before the amp then you couldn't lose just one of the door speakers).

the_scarecrow 07-02-2017 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive (Post 375834)
The first question is if anything is aftermarket. If everything is stock then a wiring problem is unlikely because OEM wiring is quite stout at the speakers. What's weak is OEM electronics.

The upper and lower door speakers are usually on the same output but in your case i assume there is an amplifier that has them getting separate signals. because it happens to discrete speakers it is likely in the amplifier (if it was before the amp then you couldn't lose just one of the door speakers).

Everything is factory standard as far as I'm aware. Contact with the previous owner said it would come and go intermittently, but at odd intervals. I've tried by a process of elimination to figure out if if was to do with any of the other electronics by keeping the navigation, climate control and other things on/off, but to no avail.

keep_hope_alive 07-03-2017 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by the_scarecrow (Post 375844)
Everything is factory standard as far as I'm aware. Contact with the previous owner said it would come and go intermittently, but at odd intervals. I've tried by a process of elimination to figure out if if was to do with any of the other electronics by keeping the navigation, climate control and other things on/off, but to no avail.

understood. I would suspect the factory amplifier given the symptoms.