Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   2010 accord headunit? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/2010-accord-headunit-26977/)

h3y 07-29-2009 03:03 PM

2010 accord headunit?

whats up guys, ive got a 2010 accord lx. right now it is completely stock but im preparing to put in a nnice system. Im planning on throwing in around 2 10" (maybe 12') subs, something from alpine or whatever with around 250-300W RMS each. Im gonna grab an amp for my stock speakers and an additional one for the subs. Now my question is would i need a new headunit after all of this is purchased? Will it really make that much of a difference, the stock headunit already has an lcd screen and has a MAX volume of 40. Thanks, and feel free to let me know if none of that made any sense haha

t00fatt 07-29-2009 03:38 PM

Please do some searching and reading, this is the most discussed topic hands down. I'm not going to get into why, but yes you should get a new HU or at least a cleansweep if you want to keep the stock HU. What ever you do, don't buy an amp just to amp the stock speakers...

h3y 07-29-2009 05:33 PM

wouldnt i need an amp for my speakers once i install my sub and its amp so they dont get drowned out?

t00fatt 07-29-2009 11:08 PM

Stock speakers won't take the extra power, they can barely handle 10w. Look through the first page, plenty of good recommendations on what to do with a stock system. I'm not going over it again.

64tinc 08-11-2009 06:36 AM

I have an 09 accord ex

I am trying to find upgrades on HU and speakers for the rear and maybe the doors also find a sub to fit in where the exl has a subwoofer. I see you said check on the first page but I did a search and came up no answer. I have time to get this right as I am overseas now and would like to shop around to find out what would make the car sound better. I like the idea of an HD unit with a front usb port also. Point me in the right direction and thanks for the help. Help narrow the search down. Crutchfield has only a few speakers that fit the car why wouldn't any 6.5 fit in the rear deck?

t00fatt 08-11-2009 10:54 AM

Not 100% but the rears should be 6x9's. A couple people here have come clamering about how they are going to replace the stock sub, and I never heard anything about them after asking. While it is possible, it is probably not going to be as simple as dropping in a new sub and amping it. Infinite baffle setups take a lot of work to get right, if that rear deck isn't sealed perfectly your going to have problems. Can't tell you anything about a HU with front USB, I actually prefer a unit without that feature. Most alpine units have USB in the back, it would be very simple to mount a USB jack somewhere in the dash. I think that would look better than having something plugged into the HU anyways.

64tinc 08-12-2009 08:31 AM

That sounds good also

I have not looked at the alpines yet had one in the 80's. The rear mount usb with a concealed cable sounds like a good idea and less likely to get the drive knocked out of place and break a connection. I have thought about a small enclosed 10" sub in the trunk. I do not have my car here so I can only go by reccomendations from Crutchfield site about speaker size. There is plenty of room back there under the deck so 6X9 should be there. I will do some shopping and keep reading the site here before I buy anything. I am in no rush to purchase anything now since the car is over 6K miles away. Thanks for the advise.