Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   2011 Accord Sedan EX-L Stereo Upgrade (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/2011-accord-sedan-ex-l-stereo-upgrade-57857/)

Afrdzak 01-08-2014 08:03 PM

2011 Accord Sedan EX-L Stereo Upgrade

Hi all!

Due to beginning a family, I need to upgrade my car from a 2 door convertible to sedan.

I am looking for a little advice upgrading the system for my new-to-me car. The 2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L; 7 speaker, Dual Climate, No Navi.

I'd like to keep the factory head unit.

My budget is in the $800 - $1000 range before installation.

My current car is a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS. I have an Alpine HU, Infinity Reference Components and 6x9s, an Alpine 4x100 amp, and an Infinity Basslink Powered 10" sub ( ). I think this system sounds great...so I'd like something comparable/better than that.

I plan on pulling the sub and re-using it in the Accord (I have twins on the way...so I can't put a box in the trunk...need that space for strollers!).

I was thinking something along these lines:

5 channel Alpine amp: Alpine MRX-V70 5-channel car amplifier — 60 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 350 x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

Infinity Reference or Polk components: Infinity Reference X REF-6500cfx 6-3/4" component speaker system — also fit 6-1/2" openings at Crutchfield.com
Polk Audio DXi6501 6-1/2" component speaker system — also fit 6-3/4" openings at Crutchfield.com

Polk rears: Polk Audio db651s 6-1/2" 2-way shallow-mount car speakers at Crutchfield.com

Alpine 8" (not sure on ohms):
Alpine SWR-8D2 Type-R 8" subwoofer with dual 2-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com
Alpine SWR-8D4 Type-R 8" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com

Would the sound quality be poor if running both the Alpine 8" and the powered Basslink? Should it be one or the other?

I haven't been keeping up with the car stereo technology, so I'm not sure if this is a quality system, or if I could do better with the same/less cash, or if I should just go into a whole different direction altogether, or if I'm missing something!

This will require the installer to cut the ANC mics, right?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

neophyte 01-09-2014 08:50 PM

there is a good sticky on a budget build. but all that equipment looks pretty good for your budget. it is possible to run multiple sized subs and it sound good, but it is not easy to do. I think you would be better off either or.

Afrdzak 01-10-2014 09:13 AM

Thanks, Neophyte. I appreciate it. I read the budget build thread, but didn't know if technology has changed much in the last couple of years.

I've read around, and the way I understand it, is that since my car is a 2011, I wouldn't need the LOC. Is that correct?

Will I need to get the CleanSweep, or will things be fine just running my amp to the factory HU? I also believe that I'd have to have the ANC mics cut, right?

I figured that having an 8" and the 10" might be a bad idea. Do you have a recommendation between the two? If you believe the 10" will sound better, then I would just scrap the 8"...and I wouldn't need a 5-channel amp since the 10" is powered already.

Sorry for being a noob! I just want to make sure I have all of my ducks in a row when I go to purchase/install things so that I can get everything wrapped up at once.

Thanks!

neophyte 01-10-2014 05:38 PM

I think if the eights are externally powered they will probably provide more bass. but that is not a garuntee. I dont know about the LOC, I would think you would still need it.