Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   2013 Accord After Market Navigation questions (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/2013-accord-after-market-navigation-questions-50974/)

smburke1 10-22-2012 01:09 PM

2013 Accord After Market Navigation questions

Hello all. I'm new here and new to thread's, posting... sorry in advance if this is in the wrong Thread. I'm also not very knowledgeable with cars so apologize again if these are lame questions.

I just bought a 2013 Accord EX, 4 Cylinder, CVT no navigation. Love it. Got 38.2 mpg at 65mph this morning. Averaged like 36.6-37.4 at 75mph.

Questions;

1) is there anyway to integrate an after market navigation into the current LCD screen? e.g. through usb/phone or something to that effect? anyway to just use google maps on my phone and have it display on the LCD?

2) i don't have the Aha Radio function. is there anyway to add that?

Thank,
Sean

jsmackle 10-29-2012 01:42 PM

I have the same questions. I'm currnrtly using the iphones turn by turn thru blue tooth. As an it guy I know there is a way but somethings got to be hacked. My thought is a simple driver and we could do it.

I was thinking the same thing on the ahh radio as well. I'm not finding much info on the new accord I just bought one two weeks ago and I'm trying to find a way thrum the firewall still.

keep_hope_alive 10-29-2012 09:32 PM

is it possible? sure. but you won't find an aftermarket interface solution (that i've seen). and you'll have several adapters to convert the signal into a format that is usable by the screen, including customization of the harness and making a circuit to interface.

i agree it would be nice to have something like that. not sure why it's not being done by firms that already know how the factory system works. you won't find that much info in a service manual.

smburke1 11-03-2012 08:21 AM

Well if you guys find anything please let me know. It seems like all the hardware is there ready to go I'd just like to access it somehow. Oh well.

rono7 11-30-2012 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by jsmackle (Post 300940)
I have the same questions. I'm currnrtly using the iphones turn by turn thru blue tooth. As an it guy I know there is a way but somethings got to be hacked. My thought is a simple driver and we could do it.

I was thinking the same thing on the ahh radio as well. I'm not finding much info on the new accord I just bought one two weeks ago and I'm trying to find a way thrum the firewall still.

you stated: "I'm currnrtly using the iphones turn by turn thru blue tooth."

How did you get this to work? I tried this using Siri, but, it answers it as phone call and drops the connection after about 10 seconds. thanks.

NR2D 02-17-2013 07:55 AM

Yes it would be nice to be able to connect an aftermarket GPS system into the OEM display system. I just picked up my new 2013 Accord EX-L on Friday. I got my radar detector installed on the top of the dash, my iPhone mount installed on the dash and went to install my old Garmin Nuvi 756T on the dash just to the right of the MFD. I started looking at the installations and it look too cluttered to. So I took the Nuvi out.

Now I will just put it in when I know I'll be taking a trip. But to be able to install something like the Garmin GPS system with out the display would be great. My boss bought a used Chevy truck a while back. He put in a after marked stereo and the Garmin GPS system that interfaced into his new stereo quite nicely.

Edit 1. Well I just went to the Garmin site and the 2 GPS systems I was talking about are discontinued. Oh well.

davepr 03-25-2013 10:01 PM

2 1/2 weeks ago I bought a the EX_L version which does have aha. Today I upgraded my phone to a Galaxy S3. The phone thru Bluetooth integrates nicely. However, I was hoping to be able to use Google Navigation. I do not need to display the maps on the Honda displays but I would like to be able to hear the turn by turn directions. The phone can be the display. However, when I connect the phone to the car via Bluetooth, I am unable to hear the turn by turn directions either through the car or phone. If I turn off Bluetooth then I can here the directions through the phone's speakers but then I loose all the other benefits. Any chance to have my cake and eat too? Is my only fix a PND?

accorduser 04-10-2013 04:20 AM

I have the same car and phone. To get the voice through BlueTooth you have to press the Aux button on the radio and then select BlueTooth as the source. This is a major bummer since you can't listen to the radio while doing this. I fully expected the voice commands from the external nav application to 'hijack' the radio/cd sound when it needed to 'say' something. I don't know where the problem lies... Honda, Samsung, or Google.

Questions:
Is there anyway to get the google voice to repeat the last thing it said?
Whenever I start the car and my phone has bluetooth enabled, I get the 'notification' tone played through the car sound system. This repeats for a total of 3 times over about a minute. There is no 'notification' displayed by the phone. Any ideas what that is all about? It's just a mild irritant.
I have read about a software update to fix some issues with BT and sound quality. Does it have any effect on the 4cyl EX without built in Nav?
Thanks!

Loco 02-21-2014 05:18 PM

2013 Accord Aftermarket Navigation

I bought the 2013 sport last year and since that day I been searching for an aftermarket navigation system I found this one online today if anyone here have one or planning on installing it in their vehicle please share your experience...here is the link... instructions is bellow

http://www.rostra.com/manuals/250-7618_Form5476A.pdf