Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   2013 Accord Audio Anomaly (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/2013-accord-audio-anomaly-51036/)

darkseat 03-08-2013 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by joepquin (Post 313951)
Finally got the update installed this evening! Guess what?!?!?!

IT DID NOT WORK! EVERYTHING IS STILL SCREWED UP WITH MY CAR!

Wow.

In my case I bought a brand new car because I didn't want to make repairs of have problems and issues with it unless until three years later.. otherwise I buy a cheap used one to take it continuously to the shop for repairs.

I think I understand such an angry reaction...

vinlata 03-21-2013 01:26 AM

got my EXL V6 with Navi and after 5 days, my backup camera showed no guidelines

Originally Posted by cjperry1 (Post 309640)
Here's my video of several issues:
1. Awful audio quality (regardless of input)
2. Backup camera guidelines missing
3. Odd audio feedback
4. Messed up balance controls

2013 Honda Accord Audio Issues - YouTube

Hey cjperry1, thanks for the YouTube video, did you ever get the problems fixed? my accord started shows no guidelines when I was in reverse just like you described on the 5th day of my ownership (:

fbrownnc 03-25-2013 04:15 PM

Do you have a link to the update specified in the March 2, 2013 TSB. I'd like to have the info in hand when I stop by the dealership.

Thanks

joepquin 04-02-2013 09:26 AM

I have had the "update" installed twice on my Accord. That is 2 times! Here are some problems:
The phone book downloaded, about 90%. That is better than the approximately 40% that previously downloaded. This has since changed.

· I have since lost ½ of the phone book download.
· I have not been able to see the contact photos on the caller ID since the 2nd week I had he car.
· The “Call History” has not updated for 1 week.
· The “Text Message Reader” works when it feels like it.
· The caller ID gives the number but no name.
· The FCW periodically goes off when passing another vehicle. Usually when the vehicle is alongside.
· The headlights will periodically “blink” or dim then get brighter again at night, (every few minutes at times).
· The screeching from the speakers has started again. Has become incessant!
· The “woofer” volume increases and decreases at will
· The Bluetooth disconnects then reconnects to the phone periodically
· AHA radio does not work at all.
· The “History of Driver A” no longer updates.
· I actually get better mileage with the “Econ” button off. There is a 2-4 mpg difference.

The car is back at the dealer today! I can't wait to see what happens this time. Everyday is a new adventure with the 2013 Accord!

vinlata 04-03-2013 11:14 AM

You got a lemon?

Wow, sounds like you got unlucky buying the new Honda? mine just the sounds setting messing up a bit and guidelines didn't show on backup camera when in reverse. I found it's the new software controlling the unit, after a re-reading my manual, power cycling and resetting to Factory settings, it's fine on my Honda now. Overall, this is just a Honda, or an economy car, don't expect too much on it. For your AHA and Pandora issue, read the manual, and look at your phone when you make the connection, as I found my iPhone Aha app was waiting for me to acknowledge (allow) connection to the car...while I was trying to figure it out why it could not connect on the car's screen...

joepquin 04-04-2013 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by vinlata (Post 317175)
Wow, sounds like you got unlucky buying the new Honda? mine just the sounds setting messing up a bit and guidelines didn't show on backup camera when in reverse. I found it's the new software controlling the unit, after a re-reading my manual, power cycling and resetting to Factory settings, it's fine on my Honda now. Overall, this is just a Honda, or an economy car, don't expect too much on it. For your AHA and Pandora issue, read the manual, and look at your phone when you make the connection, as I found my iPhone Aha app was waiting for me to acknowledge (allow) connection to the car...while I was trying to figure it out why it could not connect on the car's screen...

Give it time. It will only get worse!

My car was great at first. Been downhill for the past 6,000 miles!

gstadlin 04-12-2013 07:20 AM

I have a 2013 honda accord ex-7. I had some issues with the audio system but my samsung galaxy s II phone had been working fine. I have been following this forum and new about the update so when I got my letter in the mail I rushed in to have the update installed. Now in order to get my phone to work properly I have to manually connect the phone in the hands free link. It seems they improved the software for the iPhone 5 but it affected the android phones. I have been back 4 times (really twice and they told me the car was fixed but it wasn't so I turned around and went back and have had the software update installed twice. It seems the issue for me is in the hands free link that is a honda issue. After this last time the tech finally tells me that they have a software issue for androids now at least some. Now every time I get into the car I have to go into the hands free link and manually connect the phone and then everything works fine. I hope they get it fixed soon because It is quite dangerous trying to mess with the connections while driving and a big inconvenience to have to sit and wait for the media to connect so I can then connect the phone. I was better off with the old software. maybe Honda should buy me an I phone 5 so my phone would work properly

fastoy 04-17-2013 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by gstadlin (Post 318297)
I have a 2013 honda accord ex-7. I had some issues with the audio system but my samsung galaxy s II phone had been working fine. I have been following this forum and new about the update so when I got my letter in the mail I rushed in to have the update installed. Now in order to get my phone to work properly I have to manually connect the phone in the hands free link. It seems they improved the software for the iPhone 5 but it affected the android phones. I have been back 4 times (really twice and they told me the car was fixed but it wasn't so I turned around and went back and have had the software update installed twice. It seems the issue for me is in the hands free link that is a honda issue. After this last time the tech finally tells me that they have a software issue for androids now at least some. Now every time I get into the car I have to go into the hands free link and manually connect the phone and then everything works fine. I hope they get it fixed soon because It is quite dangerous trying to mess with the connections while driving and a big inconvenience to have to sit and wait for the media to connect so I can then connect the phone. I was better off with the old software. maybe Honda should buy me an I phone 5 so my phone would work properly

I think the problem is with the Samsung Galaxy S II. I came across this tip on an Android forum.

1) Go to Settings>Applications>Running Services
2) Then Stop the service "BluetoothPbapService" (I found this under "Bluetooth share")
3) The Bluetooth is now supposed to work until you close your phone or the bluetooth.

I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS.

Another solution I came across was that the respondent had upgraded his Samsung Galaxy S II to Jelly Bean.

I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS.

technobie 04-19-2013 01:24 PM

Finally Got The Patch Installed

I haven't had a chance since the latest patch came out to get that installed. Finally got it today! Here is what I have noticed so far:

1. Road noise is more noticeable, as has been noted by others (basically, I believe they adjusted the ANC's)
2. Subsequently, audio quality has increased slightly. Again, I think this is mostly due to the ANC's being turned down, not that Honda has "tweaked" the audio system!
3. Pandora works much better and faster now (using iPhone 5). It used to be that when I started the car, Bluetooth would take upwards of 30-60sec to connect, at which point, Pandora (or any other music) would quit. I would have to disconnect/reconnect the phone physically (I leave mine plugged in). Became a REAL pain. That appears to have been fixed! I can't for the life of me understand why a $50 GoGroove Flexsmart Bluetooth device installed in my wife's minivan works 100x better than my Honda... It connects almost immediately and plays music instantly after connection. Why can't Honda do the same? I digress....
4. AHA Radio also now works, nicely too! I still think it is a pain having to "Allow" the app to play music through the car (which, BTW, I don't get prompted for every time). I will also say that the audio quality through AHA is quite a bit better than Pandora. I actually enjoyed listening to music from Slacker via AHA today.
5. Text Msgs seem to work a little better than before, but we shall see how that goes.
6. Not audio related, but the guys at the dealership did not fix the rattle in my sunroof....grrrr.... Said they couldn't find anything wrong. Of course...

joepquin 05-09-2013 12:20 PM

I have had my Accord EX-L at the dealer 4 times now. The "update" has been installed 3 times. Here are my problems:
• The phone book will not download completely. Sometimes names & numbers appear, sometimes not
• I have not been able to see the contact photos on the caller ID since the 2nd week I had he car.
• The “Text Message Reader” works when it feels like it.
• The caller ID gives the number but no name for many calls even though the name & number is in the phonebook.
• The FCW periodically goes off when passing another vehicle. Usually when the vehicle is alongside. Sometimes the FCW goes off when there are no other vehicles anywhere in sight.
• The headlights blink off & on repeatedly when driving at night.
• A digital screeching emits from the speakers when listening to music through the Bluetooth or FM.
• The Bluetooth disconnects then reconnects to the phone periodically when listening to music.
• Periodically when shifting from Reverse to Drive, the main screen will go blank when the rear camera turns off. The car must be turned off and restarted for the display to work.
• Sometimes when starting the car the radio goes into CD mode and will not change until the car is turned completely off and started again
• I actually get better mileage per tank with the “Econ” button off. There is a 2-4 mpg difference.

No help from Honda. It seems like they just hope I will get tired and accept their POS car.