Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   2013 Accord Premium Audio System (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/2013-accord-premium-audio-system-50508/)

hecep 09-29-2012 12:20 PM

2013 Accord Premium Audio System

Hi. If things continue to pan out well for me, the 2013 Accord will be my first Honda. Personally speaking, great sounding music is very much a part of the driving experience, but Honda is not exactly throwing a big parade for even its premium (7 speaker with sub) system in the EX-L and higher trims. Plus, that system is a no-name one (although I strongly suspect that Harmen International had a hand in the nuts and bolts of it; why not take ownership, then). So, from the audio quality end, this is all pretty worrisome. Sure, I could dig in and replace its existing system, but (assuming a swapout is physically possible) I'd lose the factory controls and look, and I don't want that. And an upgrade involving use of some digital processor (for time alignment and eq control) could thwart the car's active noise cancellation (or vice versa) which I also want to avoid. And I'd like to keep the ANC working. Any thoughts out there on this? Has anyone had a chance to actually check out the system to some reasonable extent? Is factory noise cancellation + aftermarket digital processing a real concern? I'd appreciate any feedback along these lines, and thanks!

WheelBrokerAng 09-30-2012 01:05 AM

Hi New Member..I'm moving this to the Audio Forum..see Keep_Hope_Alive about your question...he's my Stereo Guru. :)

ihittabusta 10-02-2012 01:42 AM

Double Edged Sword...

So I just converted over from Nissan & I'm loving my new EX L coupe but in regards to the radio: not too fond of it. Don't get me wrong, its fully loaded with bells and whistles BUT, I got this weird radio feed back that goes away when the headlights are turned ON. Yes, ON. When the headlights go off, I get this weird humming noise. I've got premium aftermarket equipment all the way down to the rcas and I'm baffled (considering this is my profession). I've tried every solution yet cannot get a cure. I'm glad I did the upgrade, its just too bad I have to run with my lights on all the time. Expect this to happen in your situation ad well while using an aftermarket system with a factory headunit. Unless of cpruse there is someone out there who can help me as well. And yes, I have tried disconnecting both front & rear mics.

keep_hope_alive 10-04-2012 07:13 PM

ANC is not compatible with audio upgrades, the ANC system won't be able to distinguish the difference between enhanced sound and unwanted noise, with proper deadening and mass loaded vinyl application, ANC is no longer necessary.

A JBL MS-8 is the best solution for most people.

The noise while headlights are off I have ideas for...

hecep 10-06-2012 12:15 PM

thxx

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng (Post 297853)
Hi New Member..I'm moving this to the Audio Forum..see Keep_Hope_Alive about your question...he's my Stereo Guru. :)

Thank you, sir.

ihittabusta 10-10-2012 06:39 PM

to hell with ANC

I think the title says it all. How do I get rid of ANC? Is there a unit I can bypass without giving up my BluetoothANC mic?

keep_hope_alive 10-11-2012 07:59 AM

install a toggle switch to bypass with music and then engage when accepting calls.