Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 11:34 AM

I agree. After buying 7 new Honda's over the years this will be our last. Our's is a Black 2013 ex coupe v6 w/o nav. Although the car looks great and the paint is flawless, I just can't get past the poor quality of the stereo and bluetooth.
I get tired of the guys who come on here and make excuses for Honda saying "they don't make the stereo".
I think we all know that. But they do write the specs for the whole system. And at the end of the day it comes down to the name on the car. They alone are responsible for this crappy equipment. We usually keep our Honda's for 5 to 6 years but this one will go early.

As someone said, there's no way they didn't know abut these issues.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Administrator

The navi is something I will never buy on purpose for any car..if it comes with it like cars do, I just won't use it..

Old 04-07-2014, 09:04 AM

What happened to this forum being about the discussion, and perhaps group solutions, to technical issues.

Complaining about your dissatisfaction with Honda products doesn't provide solutions to the issue at hand - the Navi systems have problems that the manufacturer can't/won't correct. It would be very helpful if members could provide information to help other members try to overcome these shortcomings.

We seem to be in this all by ourselves. Some mutual effort might help us all.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by JiveC
What happened to this forum being about the discussion, and perhaps group solutions, to technical issues.

Complaining about your dissatisfaction with Honda products doesn't provide solutions to the issue at hand - the Navi systems have problems that the manufacturer can't/won't correct. It would be very helpful if members could provide information to help other members try to overcome these shortcomings.

We seem to be in this all by ourselves. Some mutual effort might help us all.
Perhaps acting together to force Honda to recognize and address these problems would be the answer, instead of them saying there are no problems...
Group anecdotes help towards these ends...

Old 04-11-2014, 09:26 AM

While your observation is honorable, it has been my experience that it is unrealistic. For the same reasons that Pbass identified earlier, you are dealing with large draconian auto manufacturers, in a country where they are supreme rulers, overseen by people who value their reelection far more than their constituents needs. You certainly can argue and complain to Honda. As was demonstrated recently by GM after 12 years and at least 13 deaths you may get a recall.

Your only other significant option is to not buy Honda products. Not a very practical solution if (as I do) you like the rest of the vehicle.

Sorry if I sound so defeatist but I very recently retired from the Federal Government and I have a bit of insight as to how these matters are dealt with.

At any rate I can't believe that I allowed myself into this debate as all I was seeking from this forum was possible technical info on how to mitigate the problem.

Good luck with your efforts!

I'll try a different avenue.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by JiveC
While your observation is honorable, it has been my experience that it is unrealistic. For the same reasons that Pbass identified earlier, you are dealing with large draconian auto manufacturers, in a country where they are supreme rulers, overseen by people who value their reelection far more than their constituents needs. You certainly can argue and complain to Honda. As was demonstrated recently by GM after 12 years and at least 13 deaths you may get a recall.

Your only other significant option is to not buy Honda products. Not a very practical solution if (as I do) you like the rest of the vehicle.

Sorry if I sound so defeatist but I very recently retired from the Federal Government and I have a bit of insight as to how these matters are dealt with.

At any rate I can't believe that I allowed myself into this debate as all I was seeking from this forum was possible technical info on how to mitigate the problem.

Good luck with your efforts!

I'll try a different avenue.

As an automotive engineer for over 30 years I agree with JiveC. Unless several people die we won't get anywhere with Honda. I'm sure they did know about these problems before the car was released for production. Also we can't blame the suppliers because Honda wrote, tested and approved to the Honda specs.
My Honda of America rep. returned my call last week, a week after I called her, and told me they are not working on any additional fixes. The problem I'm having with my transmission hesitating is by design. I am the problem because I drive with my left foot on the brake and right on the gas. If I am touching the brake before I hit the gas the car will hesitate. My cell phone issues, which are numerous, is not Honda's problem, it's the phone. As for the navigation and sound system issues, Honda says they perform as designed. We are screwed and if we purchase another Honda shame on us. The best thing we can do is make sure on one else makes the same mistake we made.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Default Honda enthusiasts forum?

I just wondered if this was an enthusiast or a complaint forum?
Actually, I don't blame people for blowing off a little steam when they speed so much money for a vehicle. I have the Honda 2013 LX with navi. I do love the car. Yes, the stereo is not perfect but everything else seems to work fine.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:22 AM

Anyone still having problems with their audio unit? Mine has been replaced 3 times and more than likely they will replace it again today meaning this will be the fifth audio/center console unit in my car. My backup camera and side camera screen would get stuck. My bluetooth never worked right and the power back fed into the car wrecking my iphone 5s and my radar. Honda can not figure it out and it's pissing me off. I have a claim into honda and waiting on the attorney general to help lemon law the car. Honda has sent me a settlement for a free warranty but it's not going to help if I have to keep paying car insurance and car payment for a car I can't drive.

What has honda done for you guys? Mine is a 2013 accord ex-L 4 cyl no nav.

Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Old 03-25-2015, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

my 2014 Sport is working perfectly. i specifically bought a new 2014 because of the reported issues with 2013. most of the issues seem to be resolved in 2014 - which isn't a surprise. i avoid the first car of a new model/generation so they can "work out the bugs". my previous car was a 2001 EX still going strong at 200k mi.

i enjoy the CVT. the slight delay is expected and experienced with an automatic as well. instant feedback is available with a manual 6sp. also, with ECO mode on, throttle will be sluggish to save fuel. in Sport mode the response is faster.

i enjoy the factory interface and am going to great lengths to keep it. i'm disappointed with the high-pass filter on the output but that's due to the ANC system. so i'm tearing into the unit.

I had some BT issues with my Droid (which was older than the car) but the new Galaxy S5 works perfect and i have text messaging functionality now.

2014 changed the BT system entirely. It is in an external box for 2013 and integrated into the head unit for 2014. This is the BT unit inside the 2014 sport. The antenna is on top of the head unit.
Name:  25dd1826-ff22-4e0d-b559-a06a609ce3af.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  263.7 KB

a slideshow of photos inside the 2014 Sport head unit are here:
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/phat...ordHeadUnitMod

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 03-25-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:44 AM

I have learned to live with the crappy "premium" sound system in my 2014 EXL 6 banger w/o nav. And for the past 8 months or so, I've found a good work around for not having proper Accord text functionality with my MOTO-X. It's the Read-it-to-Me Pro android app. Properly configured, it reads my incoming texts over the stereo speakers when bluetooth connected, allows me to issue a vocal "cancel" command if I don't want to reply, or a vocal "reply" command which puts the app in speech-to-text mode (extremely accurately I might add) and then plays back my spoken reply, then allow me to issue a "send" vocal command to send the text. It's totally hands free and, IMO works better than a visual text on my display screen would work any way. So at least I can have this texting functionality with my MOTO X phone and be happy. I've not had any issues with the phone bluetooth aspect of my Accord and am happy with that as well.

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth