Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/2013-accord-problems-nav-blutooth-51172/)

don.crowe 11-01-2012 02:10 PM

2013 Accord problems with nav. and blutooth

I have had my new 2013 Accord for about a month and I love most of it. It appears that Honda Put a lot of thought, money and engineering into the appearence of the electronics but very little into the actual function. My blu-tooth will lock up the sound system and the only way to reset it is to turn the engine off and restart, the sound systerm is slow the react and some times will not react at all, the 360 watts stated must be p-p and not RMS and the speakers on my prem. system are very cheap. All of the functional problems appear to be issues in the software but Honda tells me they know about the problems but because the car has only been out a short time they don't know what causes it or how to fix it. Has anyone else had these issues. I love the car but what sold me on the car and cost an extra $2,000 + doesn't work correctly and Honda doesn't know why.

devdude 11-02-2012 04:28 PM

2013 Honda Accord Problems with Navigation/Bluetooth Problems

I have the same exact problem that you are describing. I hope they have a fix for it soon. It's frustrating when it occurs. The same problem occurred when I had navigation turned on and removed my iphone from the port... the sound system locked up. Only restarting the car would fix it!!!

don.crowe 11-03-2012 12:55 PM

Thanks for your reply. My Honda service dept. had not seen the problem but several days later they called me back and told me they had talked to Honda tech. in Calif. and they had several reports of it but had no idea what caused it or how to fix it. I have a Droid from Verizon so iphone is not the only phone. The problem occured while I was driving from NC to Texas and back but has not occured sence I got back. I wonder if roaming is a factor?
You said your Nav. systen was on when the lock up occured. My Nav. system was also on. I also have a problem with my Nav. system besides the fact that the Honda Nav. system is the most basic I have ever had. My Magellan has functions that are light years ahead of the Honda and the Magellan only cost $200. My problem is with the 'time remaining to destination' it is not even close to being acurate. When returning from Texas I was 100 miles from home and the system said I had 3.17 hours to go. I was on I-40 actually had about 1.5 hours. The above problems plus the ones I have with my sound system have to be software related.

The Bee 11-04-2012 01:09 AM

Pairing problem

Just purchase a 2013 Honda Accord with Nav. I own a Samsung Galaxy S (GT I9000M) and was able to pair my phone. Got all the history in the bluetooth but can't get the contacts to download in the phonebook.....Anyone else have that problem and found out how to fix it?

don.crowe 11-04-2012 07:32 AM

Hi Bee,
That is another problem I have with my phone. I can't download my contact list manually but I can get to them using the voice command. I ended up transfering my call history to speed dialing and used this as my contact list. Another reason I think this has to be a software issue. I am a retired engineer from the automotive ind. and we always had to have our designs up and working at least a year ahead to head off these kinds of problems. I wonder what Honda has been doing? Are you having any issues with your Nav. or sound systems?

The Bee 11-05-2012 09:21 AM

My salesman at the dealer has tried pairing his I Phone with my car and had absolutely no problem.....everything downloaded in seconds! So it must be a problem with the Samsung phone. He suggested that an update to my phone or if I purchased the new Samsung III it would work better. Wouldn't be surprised that Samsung and Honda had a deal that the Samsung III would be the one working right with the car system....Anyone out there have the new Samsung phone and the new Accord? Do you have any problem?

don.crowe 11-06-2012 11:17 AM

Hi Bee,
I had something happen yesterday that may explain the contact list problem. There are certain things you can't do with the phone and Nav. system while the car is moving. Yesterday I tried to get to my contact list while moving and couldn't. When I stoped at a light the contact list became highlighted and I could open it. This may be another one of those things that Honda programed in that makes no sense. You can get to the speeddial list but not to the contact list while moving?

KarenB 11-06-2012 02:59 PM

Found these instructions:

I found these instructions on youtube (along with a video) from a honda dealer. They said to make sure that your car is in PARK when you synch up your phone. Is it possible that this was the problem? I pasted the instructions below. I hope this helps

FOR FIRST TIME PAIRING:

1. On the phone, verify Bluetooth is ON and it's in discoverable mode. Consult your phone's user manual for instructions on how to change these settings.

2. Press the PHONE button on the radio unit. The handsfree system will notify you that there are no phones paired and ask you if you would like to pair a phone now.

3. Select "YES" and then "OK"

4. The system will search and then provide a list of Bluetooth devices found.

5. Select your phone from the list. The phone will either display a 6 digit number to verify against the system, or the phone will prompt for the pairing pass-code.
If the 6 digit number is displayed, verify the number on the phone matches the number on the system and press the confirmation button on the phone.
If the phone prompts for the pairing pass-code, enter the pairing pass-code provided by the system into the phone.

6. If the phone is not found by the system, select "PHONE NOT FOUND?" and skip to step 9. The handsfree system will prompt you to begin the pairing search from the phone.

7. Once the phone is paired the system will notify you that the pairing was complete. Check your phone for any popup messages and be sure to select the check boxes to always allow access to the PBAP requests if asked. Not accepting this request may cause the Bluetooth connection problems.

8. If your phone was not found while on step 4, proceed with the following steps on the phone.

9. Starting at the Main screen

10. Tap Settings

11. Tap General

12. Tap Bluetooth

13. Tap the switch to turn it on and start the search

14. Tap the expected name of the device

15. Enter the selected passcode and tap Pair

16. Tap the left pointing icon to return to the previous screen

17. Or press the square to return to the Main screen

FOR SUBSEQUENT PAIRINGS:

1. Ensure Bluetooth is OFF on all phones except the phone to be paired. On the phone to be paired, verify Bluetooth is ON and it's in discoverable mode. Consult your phone's user manual for instructions on how to change these settings.

2. Press the PHONE button on the radio unit. The handsfree system will notify you that there are no phones connected to the system and ask you if you would like to connect to a phone now.

3. Select "YES"

4. The system will provide a list of phones that have been previously paired. To initiate a new pairing, select "Add Bluetooth Device" and then select "OK".

5. The system will search and then provide a list of Bluetooth devices found.

6. Select your phone from the list. The phone will either display a 6 digit number to verify against the system, or the phone will prompt for the pairing pass-code.
If the 6 digit number is displayed, verify the number on the phone matches the number on the system and press the confirmation button on the phone.
If the phone prompts for the pairing pass-code, enter the pairing pass-code provided by the system into the phone.

7. If the phone is not found by the system, select "PHONE NOT FOUND?" and skip to step 10. The handsfree system will prompt you to begin the pairing search from the phone.

8. Once the phone is paired the system will notify you that the pairing was complete. Check your phone for any popup messages and be sure to select the check boxes to always allow access to the PBAP requests if asked. Not accepting this request may cause the Bluetooth connection problems.

9. If your phone was not found while on step 5, proceed with the following steps on the phone.

10. Starting at the Main screen

11. Tap Settings

12. Tap General

13. Tap Bluetooth

14. Tap the switch to turn it on and start the search

15. Tap the expected name of the device

16. Enter the selected passcode and tap Pair

17. Tap the left pointing icon to return to the previous screen

18. Or press the square to return to the Main screen

don.crowe 11-06-2012 03:56 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I don't know about Bee but my Honda salesmen did mine for me and the car was in park. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to resynch it?

The Bee 11-08-2012 08:43 PM

bluetooth

Ok, I think that I should make one thing clear: My Honda dealer salesman spent at least 3 full hours teaching me about all the amazing feature of my car. He has lots of experience and has done the pairing process several time with me in the car. Also we tried doing the pairing with my a Honda tech. talking us through it on the salesman's cell phone while in the car. My cell phone paired and the phone history downloaded. Just the phone books in my phone did not download. After much research we found that the Galaxy "GT I 9000" is missing out on that feature but the Galaxy "GT I 9100" gets that function no problem.....
By the way the reason certain features are not available while the car is moving is to prevent excessive distractions and maybe save your life or someone else's...Note that almost all the phone features are available with the voice commands but not necessaraly by using the buttons. I think that was very smart of Honda to build the car that way!