Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   2013 coupe v6 ex-l - center screen rebooting while driving (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/2013-coupe-v6-ex-l-center-screen-rebooting-while-driving-65845/)

Spock69 06-13-2018 07:08 AM

2013 coupe v6 ex-l - center screen rebooting while driving

Hello. Searched for a Honda forum and found ya'll. Hope someone can help with a electronic issue. I have a 2013 accord coupe v6 ex-l w/ a automatic transmission and 33k of mileage. My issue is as follows. At times the screen in the center of the dash, (where the gas mileage info is displayed) will appear to shut down/turn off and the Hondalink logo pops back up. Almost like it's doing a reboot. The last few times it's done this I've been on the phone that is connected to the car and the call is not interrupted. The phone is a Samsung s9+. It happened a couple of times with my old phone a Samsung s7. I dont lose any info as far as phone settings and it doesn't seem to affect the mechanical operation of the vehicle while the reboot is happening. The random reboots are a bit annoying and worrisome. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Moderators of I have put this in the wrong category please move.

JimBlake 06-13-2018 11:29 AM

Most of the time this IS the correct place for the question (general tech).

But I'm going to move it over to AV/electronics because the guys that hang out over there might be able to answer it better...

keep_hope_alive 06-16-2018 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Spock69 (Post 380850)
Hello. Searched for a Honda forum and found ya'll. Hope someone can help with a electronic issue. I have a 2013 accord coupe v6 ex-l w/ a automatic transmission and 33k of mileage. My issue is as follows. At times the screen in the center of the dash, (where the gas mileage info is displayed) will appear to shut down/turn off and the Hondalink logo pops back up. Almost like it's doing a reboot. The last few times it's done this I've been on the phone that is connected to the car and the call is not interrupted. The phone is a Samsung s9+. It happened a couple of times with my old phone a Samsung s7. I dont lose any info as far as phone settings and it doesn't seem to affect the mechanical operation of the vehicle while the reboot is happening. The random reboots are a bit annoying and worrisome. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Moderators of I have put this in the wrong category please move.

Welcome!

That is unfortunate and the first time i've heard of this issue.

The screen is a monitor and is controlled by the head unit. I suspect this "reboot" is occurring within the head unit since the monitor doesn't have the ability to change what it displays.

Has the factory radio ever been removed? a stressed monitor connector could be a possible cause. You could replicate this by wiggling the connector behind the radio and seeing if it makes it occur.

I don't see how a BT connection would cause this and there isn't a correlation between a phone call and the screen output that I can think of (those are different circuits in the head unit). but if you're saying the "reboot" only occurs when on a BT phone call, then i would suggest the issue is internal to the radio.

Spock69 06-26-2018 10:23 AM

The radio hasn't been messed with since I got the car. The radio appears to be stock. The car was bought used and was listed as a lease vehicle in the report.
I was able to capture the rebooting on video and show it to the dealer. I got the "that's odd" response. I asked if there was an update for the system and there is. So its going to get its oil changed this weekend and the update installed. When I get it back I'll make a bunch of phone calls and see I'll let y'all know what happens.
Thanks

Spock69 08-21-2018 08:02 AM

Update, Well... dealer replaced head unit and radio. Started a phone call and it did a reset again. Called dealer so they could note my file and I'm back to trying to get a video of it doing the reset. Dealer suggested maybe interference from an outside signal. We will see. Just keeping ya'll updated.

keep_hope_alive 08-23-2018 09:33 PM

For the 2013 the bluetooth (hands free link) module is separate, not integrated like the 2014. I would suspect that separate bluetooth module is failing (it is located under the radio, mounted with the ANC module). confirm if they replaced that module as well.

Csackey 12-01-2021 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Spock69 (Post 381809)
Update, Well... dealer replaced head unit and radio. Started a phone call and it did a reset again. Called dealer so they could note my file and I'm back to trying to get a video of it doing the reset. Dealer suggested maybe interference from an outside signal. We will see. Just keeping ya'll updated.

I am having this same issue on the 2013 Honda Accord. What i observed though was that it occurred when i receive a call or make a call to a particular number. I have not experienced it with any other number so i am left wondering what the issue could be.

KobraX 09-25-2022 05:33 PM

I have the same issue and it occurs if I open up my maps or trip computer or simply browsing through. I've replaced the DVD drive and it's been usable (the old drive was totally dead). I find it's worse when it's warmer. I have no issue with Bluetooth

Anyone know how I can diagnose this?

KobraX 09-25-2022 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive (Post 380880)
Welcome!

The screen is a monitor and is controlled by the head unit. I suspect this "reboot" is occurring within the head unit since the monitor doesn't have the ability to change what it displays.

Has the factory radio ever been removed? a stressed monitor connector could be a possible cause. You could replicate this by wiggling the connector behind the radio and seeing if it makes it occur.

Are you able to post a guide on how to do this? I'm having the issue but it's anywhere in the Navi computer.

keep_hope_alive 11-09-2022 10:59 AM

If there are issues that are temperature related, it's likely a problem on the circuit boards and not easily fixed or repaired.