Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2017 Honda Accord Sport SE Audio Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 11:00 AM
Talking 2017 Honda Accord Sport SE Audio Questions

Hello HAF! I'm new to the site as well as the new owner of a 2017 Honda Accord Sport SE. See picture below. I'll go ahead and say it has the 4 speaker system which is pretty bad considering what I'm used to. Hopefully this thread will allow me to answer all of my questions.

My first question is: What will cause me to lose my new car warranty in terms of upgrading the audio system? I did a quick read up on Edmunds about warranties being voided but I know that some installations require heavy wiring and alterations to the vehicle so I wanted to get HAF's opinion on what I should be aware of.

The first thing I wish to do with this car is to put a sub in the trunk. After speaking with a Crutchfield rep (Dolly; she's the bomb) I've settled on
 this sub this sub
for my trunk. I don't need competition speakers and I like the idea of having everything in one place. Also, the *** included is a must for me so I figure this is a great deal. I'm open to suggestions however so feel free to make a recommendation if you feel strongly about a particular sub.

I'm also considering replacing the four factory speakers as well but to be honest, I have no idea where to even start looking. I trusted a friend to make recommendations for me the last time I purchased the subs for my old car and while his recommendation was great, I'm still no closer to being able to match what I need with what is available. Any overall advice for purchasing speakers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Thumbnails 2017 Honda Accord Sport SE Audio Questions-10.31.17.jpg  
Old 01-11-2018, 02:27 PM

Hey Narwol. I recently purchased a 2017 Accord EX-L V-6 and it has the 'premium' 360 watt, 7 speaker audio system in it. The factory installed speakers are total crap, paper cones and plastic frames, plus I'd bet the one you have are equipped with tiny magnets as well. I just replaced my rear deck and door speakers with Rockford Fosgate Punch series 6.5" speakers and the system sounds much better, and I will be replacing the factory subwoofer this weekend with a Polk Audio 8" DB840. Having said all that, I would highly recommend that you upgrade the 4 speakers you have and you should actually do that before you even consider a subwoofer (in my opinion). The factory speakers are full range speakers so you might want to consider replacing them with 2-way speakers, or 2-way's in the rear deck and a component system in the front doors. If you wanted to do this in the front door, you can buy the accord sail cover that is designed for a tweeter and replace your current solid sail covers. So this should help you get started towards making a decision about the speakers. Check YouTube for videos on how to remove the door panels and rear deck (which requires the removal of the seats). You will also need speaker mounting brackets as the factory speakers are manufactured directly to the bracket, so spend the $12 and buy the replacement brackets (American International HSB524). There is much more to the audio question though and it all depends how far you want to take things. For one, your factory amp is only a 4 channel amp, so you have no way to just add a sub to your system without adding a replacement/separate amp or maybe even a powered sub. Hope this helps!