Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   93 accord stereo change (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/93-accord-stereo-change-61949/)

Jla 07-18-2015 08:17 PM

93 accord stereo change

I bought a pioneer stereo since the original radio on my 93 accord no longer works. I went ahead and did the whole process of removing all the panels and removing the old radio to find out that the plug connected to the old radio is not the same as the new. I figured I can cut the old plug off and connect the wires to the new plugs wires but was told I can't do that, also the colors on the old plugs wires are not the same as the colors on the new plugs wires. Can someone guide me in the right direction please.

poorman212 07-19-2015 05:15 AM

Welcome to HAF.

Best thing to do is get an adapter "harness" from almost any parts store. It will plug into the factory one on the car. Then the other end will fit up to your new radio.

Jla 07-19-2015 07:06 AM

Thanks man I appreciate it but does this harness directly plug into the new stereo or would I have to connect the wires the the new stereos wires harness?

poorman212 07-19-2015 07:28 AM

Most you will still need to "connect" wires but the adapter harness will have labels that will help you know which wires from the adapter side go to the radio.

Kind of hard to explain but once you see the two it will make sense.

Jla 07-19-2015 12:46 PM

Ok so now I've encountered another problem. I put in the new radio, wired everything up and out my negative terminal back on the battery then when I went to start the car it won't start. The accessories turned on but there's no current going into the starter motor. Someone please help!

WheelBrokerAng 07-19-2015 03:22 PM

**Hello New Member**

2 Attachment(s)
:D I see your a new member, so I moved your ??? to this forum..This would be the forum for your answers..

Thank You for joining the HAF..

WheelBrokerAng :)

Celicool 07-20-2015 01:10 PM

Does it crank when you unplug everything? I'm afraid that 's what you will need to do to troubleshoot your problem.

Is it possible that your starter is going bad, and this is just a coincidence.

Jla 07-20-2015 01:18 PM

No starter was fine the anti theft device in the original stereo went off and set the alarm on I simply removed the alarm fuses to start the car. So I ended up wiring the the adapter to the radio to find out that the radio turns on but no sound comes out the speakers. I further diagnosed the problem and found out the stock Bose amplifier was no longer working. I removed the amplifier and want to reroute the wires to connect the 4 speakers directly to the radio. I was told that the speakers may burn out my radio if I do so. The radio is an aftermarket pioneer radio and I am wondering if anyone has any further information on this.