Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/)
-   -   94 Honda Accord Radio/Cassette...Does Not Turn On...Need Help! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/94-honda-accord-radio-cassette-does-not-turn-need-help-2392/)

reds2k1 03-20-2006 12:02 AM

94 Honda Accord Radio/Cassette...Does Not Turn On...Need Help!

Today, I plugged in the cigarette charger to charge my phone; however, it did not work so I pulled it out. As it was out, I've noticed that a broken plastic part from the charger was still inside the cigarette hole. This may be stupid, but I used a key to get the plastic piece out. I believe I may have short-circuited something when the key kit something inside there. The cigarette thing doesn't seem to work anymore.

The point of this thread is that the radio does not work anymore. When I turn on the PWR knob, nothing is ON. All I see is a blinking red light (Anti-Theft). I'd figured by messing around with the cigarette thing, I may short-circuit and the radio reset just like if the battery of the car is disconnected. I would expect to see the word CODE displayed when I turn on the unit; however, the display is blank. I tried entering the five-digit code button nothing happened.

Is my radio dead? Thanks in advance! If indeed it's dead, anyone have an OEM radio for sale?

reds2k1 03-20-2006 12:24 AM

RE: 94 Honda Accord Radio/Cassette...Does Not Turn On...Need Help!

BTW, I've also tried disconnecting the battery and also unplugging the cable from the back on the head-unit. Still the unit does not turn on. When I unplug the calbe from the head-unit and then re-attach it, I can hear some mechanical noises from the cassette mechanism. I think the unit is getting power though.

Thanks!

sir_nasty 03-20-2006 02:53 PM

Have you checked your fuses? I had a friend run into a very similar issue when a penny fell into the cigarette lighter... It sounds to me like your constant power is running but the other fused link is shot... check the fuses and let us know!

reds2k1 03-20-2006 08:52 PM

Before I attempt to check every single fuse, would you know what fuse and where (engine compartment or under-dash) to check?

Thanks!

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

Have you checked your fuses? I had a friend run into a very similar issue when a penny fell into the cigarette lighter... It sounds to me like your constant power is running but the other fused link is shot... check the fuses and let us know!

reds2k1 03-20-2006 11:49 PM

Indeed, it was the fuse (radio/cigarette) under the hood. I'd forgotten all about the fuse boxes under the hood. Initially, I only checked the one under the dash.

Thanks!